Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What next ??

Kurt

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I know one feature that awaits us this year (so CNC says)is a GUI(Graphical User Interface) Post builder. I am EAGERLY awaiting this one as I do quite a large number of posts and anything that will make it go quicker is a great thing.

------------------

James Meyette ;)

How about

Being able to window an entire model say an electrode and pick scallop/.0002 height.

and then you are prompted which tools and which order you need to get in and ferret out ALL the material, also "Marking" the area's that cannot be cut,so you know where the trouble is coming from not Crashing or saying cant do it at the end of your boxes number crunching session.NO boundries,NO trying to cut from another direction etc. "Do It" means do it.

He asked...! smile.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

MPO,

You can do this. WHen propmted to select the SUrfaces/Solics, when you pick solid, you have Solid - Y/N Faces - Y/N, to get everything just set Solids to Y and Faves to N and that'll pick the whole thing.

------------------

James Meyette ;)

Dean,

The current toolbar is 99% configurable. You can put (almost) any command you can access from the menu into the toolbar. With few exceptions like Exit Mastercam, Transparent Shading, and few others. You can also create/edit the icons associated with them. As for the menu, it can be quickly navigated by typing the key that corresponds to the Underlined letter in that menu option.

What more could you ask for?

Rekd

I think what Dean is referring to is true "Windows" style menubars with pull down menus and toolbars that you can drag and place to any part of the screen. Alot of other CAM programs have already gone this root, but MC menus still have a DOS feel to them.

As for suggestions, I would really like to see the size of the tool holder in verify and backplot be represented by the values that are entered in the Tool parameters window.

[This message has been edited by Chip Maker (edited 04-09-2001).]

Sorry I didn't elaborate a little more. I did not mean to infer that the toolbars are not functional - just the opposite - I find them so handy that I wish I had more on the screen at one time. I just find it a pain to page through the existing toolbar to find what I want. Chip Maker is right on track - fully customizable, drop down, fly out, place 'em where ya want 'em, we want it all. I don't have to write the code so it's easy to ask for the world. Maybe a customizable right mouse button....Hmmmm.

Chip Maker & Rekd please dont get me started on Mastercams icon toggle, flip flop,roll over,arrow left arrow right, page over style tool bar. I config my favorite functions on the first level of the tool bar & never use the others.Hot keys & main & secondary menus for me are alot faster.

Kenneth Potter

Ken and Dean,

Point well taken...

With my screen at 1280x1024, I can get most of the stuff I use on the first page. But as I'm sitting here looking at my wonderfully configured Windows style toolbar in my browser, I'm envisioning having Xform,Rotate sitting right up there next to the Favorites button! biggrin.gif"><P>Don! biggrin.gif! biggrin.gif! (Hint Hint)

JMHO

Rekd

I would like to see a "dynamic zoom" on the mouse wheel. And ideally the zoom center would be on the curser location. Maybe clicking on the mouse wheel could "pan". What do you think??

Also, I think we need a "hide" (alt-E) toggle:

'select entities to keep on screen'

or 'select entities to hide'

Another improvement would allow "hide additional entities' and 'select entities to unhide'

These would really help me out a lot.

Thanks for posting this topic.

BerTau

V8.0 has the 'hide more' or 'unhide some'

feature mentioned in the previous posting. Try 'Alt+' and 'Alt-' after using 'AltE'.

As to James' request that I respond to Elad regarding "surfaces->solids", all I'll say is that it's in the works for V9.

As to all the other requests, I'll see that the ones that we haven't heard before get logged here. Thanks. Keep 'em coming.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Pete,

I'm usually not sure what to say is coming down the pipe so I try to defer those questions to people that can comment on it. biggrin.gif Sorry to put you on the spot.

------------------

James Meyette ;)

""I would like to see a "dynamic zoom" on the mouse wheel. And ideally the zoom center would be on the curser location.""

Yes, please. AutoCad 2000 has it, TurboCad 6/7 has it. IntelliCad Has it.In my opinion the best thing that any cad/cam software can have. It makes drawing so much easier.