Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What next ??

Kurt

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ken, I know what you mean, but if you want the Undo function to work, I don't suggest doing anything prior to using it. The one chance for undo you speak of does not apply if you do something like clear colors or in some cases, just change menu items... Major Bummer.

BTW, I third the motion I firsted about feed changes in finish passes... biggrin.gif

Rekd

No caffeine for me, please!!

BTW, I can think of 3 improvements to 'dynamic rotation' that would help:

1. Automaticly turn off auto-curser's arc center for dynamic rotation.

(arc center causes model to jump, sometimes completely off screen)

2. Have auto-curser pick a point on a surface (maybe midpoint of an isoparm?) for dynamic rotation axes.

(now I have to create-point-dynamic on surface first before dynamic rotation)

3. Allow mouse pointer to move infinitely when in dynamic rotation, not stop at edge of screen.

These changes would make this tool much more productive !!

Thanks, BerTau

How about "shift + R" for a raise!?!?

Being able to change the feed rate for roughing and finishing would be hugh. The toolpath editor works great, but it is to "big" of an extra step you have to go thru to make such a simple change.

Another suggestion going with the above mentioned, how about when you go into the parameter page for simple routines like contours, being able to pick a rough & finishing tool at the same time and also being able to change the speed/feed accordingly.

A toolpath that would work the same as parallel, but it would have a remachining feature. Say you have panel with a lot of ribs thru-out the part. The floor is 3d contoured. You start with a .375 ball. It leaves material between some of the ribs. You wnat to use the same type of toolpath to remove the material, but with a smaller cutter. To me, that would be nice.

I have a few more, but I will wait to see what other people have to say.

------------------

Trevor Bailey

[email protected]

Specializing in Contract Programming

One more issue I'd like to address... In geometry selection; Say you want to put points in the center of a few arcs, not always the same size, so you click Create, Point, Position, Center, then select the arc. After creating the point, the menu reverts to Endpoint or Sketch, depending on what your mouse is over... eek.gif

It would be VERY NICE if we could have the menu stay modal, (that is, stay on CENTER after you click the first entity). This issue has come up on several different functions, and can be frustrating.

Rekd

[This message has been edited by Rekd (edited 04-11-2001).]

How about adding another feature in parallel toolpath "TO MAINTAIN SAME SCALLOP HEIGHT ON ANGLED SURFACES".

Now if I have to do a multisurf parrallel toolpath consisting of nearly flat surface and a surface at angle.I have to re-run my toolpath in opposite direction to get same scallop height on angled surface.

This feature will save lot of time & might become popular as it could be used on complicated shapes with ups & downs.

tongue.gif

How about real remachining? Say you're 3d pocket roughing with a 2" bullnose and want to go to a 1" bullnose. The program would find remaining stock and determine if a 3d contour or a 3d pocket path is necessary in leftover areas, and output the proper paths.

I would like to have the option while using the material to determine speeds and feeds, to have the feed rate, plunge rate, and retract rate to be the same.

This could be done in the tool definition by giving access to the plunge and retract rate percentages.

[This message has been edited by CJF (edited 04-19-2001).]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Jay,

Believe it or not, I'm just a pup. 31 to be exact. I'm young enough to be most of my customer's kid. Kind funny huh?

------------------

James Meyette