Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

local coordinace G52 shift(CAN MC DO IT?)

Kenneth Potter

Hi Guys

Forum search came up zilch on this topic so here it goes

I have fixures with up to 48 loads ,two of my Acra tapping centers

has those Kewl G54.1P1 thru P48.....way Kewl BUt too many work location inputs to the control(GRRRRRRR)

)with Local coordinance just pick up the location on FIxture master referance point & input the

48 known location in the program (G52XnnYnn)shifts & Thats Much faster & was more Kewl...bang bang DONE!

six other machines Viper 950...HAS only the G54-G59 NT magicpro GRRRR...i,m using local coords & bang bang done!

Has anyone tryed this method for M/c to post out Can it be Done????

Chips Flying...PING POP sizzle....OUCH! mad.gif ...S*%#$!*!&

Harry---ERRRR Kenneth Potter

Kenneth, I'm not sure about a G52, but I know it works with a G92. If you are using a Fanuc, you can also use a G10, if you have bought the option. It lets you input tool lengths, dia/rad values, and work offset values. It's really cool to. Allows for quick input of base values with the ability to do adjustments to each offset to tweek in the part.

HTH

Glenn

Kenneth,

Here, I use the G52 all the time. What I do is put the value of the G52 in a manual entry. And if you have multiple operations in your program and do not want to see the G54, G55 changes, just activate the "Lock on first WCS" in the Mi variables.

BTW, I am using a mpmaster derivative post for V8.1.1

Hope this helps,

Kenneth

There was an article in modern machine shop about using G10's nestled in subprograms to eliminate all the offset typing. I'm going to implement it in a customers post.

Also if you have macro b on the machine you can have MC output the numbers into the offset registry for you.

Jimmy

[ 11-19-2003, 07:07 AM: Message edited by: Jimmy Wakeford, from Barefoot CNC ]

I,m reading up on the G10 stuff ...Macro B i belive is Intalled ... real cool lots of Power there. And thanks for the G52 tip !

Just got a 5000 part order increse per month ...Now i,m gonna make 2.. 80 load fixures with handels for OFF the machine parts loading ....To be swapped out by the operator to keep the spindels going...Boy i,m having Fun !......LOve this forum !

THis G10 stuff is next on the to do list

Thanks guys