Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SpacePilot Pro Config?

M. Anderson

Ok, I have purchased a new "Space Pilot Pro", I have been using an older "Space Pilot" and love it.

I use it with MC - X6 and X8.

With the old "Space Pilot" whenever I switched views, ISO, TOP, Front... etc...

The view I selected (iso, top, whatever) would "Auto FIT" to the screen, (for lack of a better term), when I hit a different view button.

NOW, with this new "Space Pilot Pro" when I hit one of the buttons to change views it DOES NOT auto fit to the screen.

You have to hit the "Fit" button after you select whatever view as it will revert to what was your last position in that view.

IE: Your zoomed in on a small detail in TOP view, you switch to FRONT view to look at something else, now you switch back to TOP view to continue programming and you get your previous, zoomed into detail, TOP view back.

I would like for this new mouse to do as the old mouse did and upon switching views - Auto FIT the part to the screen.

I don't remember if I went through this with the old "Space Pilot" or not, as I have used it for quite a while.

Is this maybe a setting in MC? (This is on a new computer and fresh loads of MC - X6 and X8)

I can find nothing on the driver help screens, or 3Dconnexion's website.

Any of you guru's have an idea? Something simple most likely...

Thanks,

Mark

G, I see nothing in the driver window options that "I" think would change anything.

Installed normal, everything defaults, I have changed nothing in MC or the driver.

I am going to bring my old spacepilot back out and see if it works.

I bought 2 of these from the cad department of a local business that just went under, one new in the box, and both are doing the same thing.

Just aggravating...

Thanks for your time!

Happy 4th!!!

the only thing in the MC config file that might (??) affect this is the animate settings

I have mine turned on,

I just tried turning that off ad it still zooms in like before, it just happens instantly.

Jay,

I am running X6 and X8 on a new computer and fresh installs.

Trying to use the new (to me) SpacePilot Pro's.

So your saying this is normal for the "PRO's" in X6 but not X8???

That SUCKS...

On my old computer with the older SpacePilot  both X6 and X8 everything worked fine.

Nothing from 3Dconnexion as of yet...

3D Connexion is notorious for breaking stuff and taking their sweet time fixing it. During the X8 Beta cycle (IIRC) it was murder for the first couple of Mastercam Beta Releases. It wasn't MC's fault. They made changed and hosewd a bunch of stuff.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand; generally when I have an issue with my 3D Connexion device, I'll totally uninstall the software and drivers, then re-install. That has fixed a couple issues for me in the past. I would not hold my breath waiting for a reply from 3D Connexion though.

Rebind your buttons with a new macro to switch to the correct view then fit. So click Custom Function on the Button Configuration tab in the 3DConnexion Panel. Click New in the dialog that pops up. Type in a name (Top for example) and in the user macro area Hold ALT and press 1 to create a top view macro. Then after that hold ALT and press the F1 key to create a fit macro. All tied to one button press. Then back in the Button Configuration window for "T" click the drop-down and select your new custom macro.

Sorry, I didn't realize you can edit the standard macros. Just edit the Top View macro. Make sure it has <ALT>+<F1> in it.

Hope this helps

post-14965-0-28389000-1436390219_thumb.png