Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Renishaw Productivity Plus

Mic6

• 8 years later...

I'm using 2023 and the Productivity Plus plugin.  Most things I want to do with the probe are straight forward in the software.  Some things I am struggling with.  I am machining some weldment that are bowed, warped, twisted.  I need to just clean them up with a face mill.  I am probing 9 points, and want to update the Z based on the lowest point found.  Sounds simple to me.  I used the custom macro max/min points which returns the range, mean, min, and max. But you can not do a machine update based on that macro, and for the life of me I can not figure out why.  With Productivity Plus what is the correct way to do what I am trying to achieve?

49 minutes ago, Travis_Buchanan said:

I used the custom macro max/min points which returns the range, mean, min, and max.

Am I correct in assuming that this custom macro puts those points into their own macro variables? If so, you can just use a G91 G10 Z#whatever line to do an incremental shift or if it is giving you the actual machine position you can do G90 G10 Z#whatever

I get it. Do as much as you can on the software side to reduce the amount you have to do at the machine.

I don't have experience running Productivity+ so unfortunately I can't be of too much more help.  Does it generate as a toolpath in the toolpath manager? If so, you could put a manual entry after the probing routine with your necessary G10 line so that way it atleast can post out correctly each time.

1 hour ago, Travis_Buchanan said:

My programmers are not probing experts, and i am trying to do as much as I can through the Probe toolpath in Mastercam so we are not hand editing code.

Travis it is good to see you. Would the old way I developed through drill cycles back in 2007 be a good direction? We can now put in custom images into the drilling cycles yo show what each probing routine would be doing to help the less experienced programmers. The down fall is not full back plot support for the probing cycle like Productivity Plus shows. The up side is full support for the Renishaw cycles and the interface is much easier to use since it is just the drill cycles.

Ron,  man it has been a while.  I hope you and your family are all doing well.  As you know we are a machine tool builder.  When I started here back in 2006 (35 employees) we were outsourcing all our big parts (Up to 400" X 175" x 72") .  Basically paint and assemble here in NC.  We now have a fab shop, heat treat, sand blast, and huge machine shop, all integrated in the last 10 years. (200+ employees).

I have been tasked with figuring out how to probe our weldments, check them for flatness and straightness prior to machining and pass or fail them.  If they pass, ensure that any error  is evenly split with the correct loading of the part.  Do some QA checks after part is machined.  I think I can do all this with the P+ software, some of it isn't as easy as it should be.  

Another cool thing I am working on is a lights out set-up on a Matsuura H630Plus horizontal with a 6 pallet pool.  Again a ton of probing to integrate into the system.  I have modified the tool break detect macro and pallet kick out macro to capture all sorts of data in case anything fails.

I appreciate all the work you did on the probing drill cycles.  For now I am going to try an make P+ work, also I have requested a demo from Cimco on their probing module.  They are just driving the inspection plus macros.  I need to see what kind of logic and canned calculations they have in the software.

• Like 2

Yes great company and glad to see the company is doing well. You are on the right track my biggest issue with P+ is it is not longer supported for Mastercam by Renishaw. They will support someone purchasing their stand alone product, but the integrated one from what I have been told hasn't been updated or supported in sometime.

My contact information has not changed so if you need help you know how to reach me. Have a good one.

Hace 23 horas, loco^millman dijo:

Travis, es bueno verte. ¿Sería una buena dirección la antigua forma que desarrollé mediante ciclos de perforación en 2007? Ahora podemos incluir imágenes personalizadas en los ciclos de perforación para mostrar lo que haría cada rutina de sondeo para ayudar a los programadores menos experimentados. La caída no es un soporte completo de la trama para el ciclo de sondeo como muestra Productivity Plus. La ventaja es la compatibilidad total con los ciclos de Renishaw y la interfaz es mucho más fácil de usar ya que solo incluye los ciclos de perforación.

Ron!
I would like to see all that, and also know the price, it could be interesting