Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Norton Systemworks Mastercam Conflict

Rlzegers

I installed Norton Systemworks 2004 and now my Cimco Editor won't run. My computer restarts whenever I try to open a file or communicate with my machines. Microsoft says it is most likely a problem with a driver in Norton. I emailed Norton but they don't have my product verification yet, so they won't help me. Right now I can't edit or communicate with my machines. Any ideas will be appreciated!

Thanks,

RL

Wild guess comming: My home XP box was frequently hanging up, and when I'd log off one of the accounts, I'd get Norton firewall not responding. Sometimes Windows would say there was a device driver problem and I thought my cable modem was causing problems... Then I ran AdAware. Had 150 or so data miners running. Killed them and problem was solved.

Norton antivirus programs are knowm for bugs .

First release of Norton2000 gave possibility of

accessing the sistem as administrator without password !

I saw how Norton kills your MBR and partition table without a fair reason not once .

I prefer MacAfee .

I don`t trust things that @#$%ed me once .

Macafee is cool.

[ 11-20-2003, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: Iskander teh Lazy ]

The 'command center' or (whatever Symantec is calling the bugpack that consumes all avalible RAM and CPU cycles in an orgy of self-measurement) is quite possibly the worst piece of software ever written, with the possible exception of Windows 3.x. Dump that, as well as anything else that's running in the background that you don't really need access to 100% of the time and your system will be a lot more stable.

quote:

The 'command center' or (whatever Symantec is calling the bugpack that consumes all avalible RAM and CPU cycles in an orgy of self-measurement) is quite possibly the worst piece of software ever written, with the possible exception of Windows 3.x. Dump that, as well as anything else that's running in the background that you don't really need access to 100% of the time and your system will be a lot more stable.

+100 to Rick

It remids me Norton utilities for Windows

Smthn I don`t remember now stuff against crashes

I called it Supercrasher

As less TSR background prograns as possible

The things like Mastercam or Games like Unreal Tournament 2003 are resourse demanding stuff

Give them all.

My credo No funky stuff !

The less you have the better , only most needed things ,no organisers ,improvers ,Microsoft Plus

BS and so on .

Do not give yourself to some nice ads.

Islander teh housecleaner

[ 11-21-2003, 07:36 AM: Message edited by: Iskander teh Lazy ]

Rick. you must be talking about System Works..

I do not like that either by that it consumes all resorces. at least that what it acts like.

But as for Norton Antiviruse I swear by them.

Use it on all my computers and the corp edition on the server.

My past use of MCaffee left me with a real bad tast.

I alott that have changed to norton from MCaffee.

But therer are alott that swear by MCaffee to.

I have found no interface troubles with Norton and any of my softwares on all 8 of my computers.

JM2C

[ 11-21-2003, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: cadcam ]

quote:

But as for Norton Antiviruse I swear by them.

Use it on all my computers and the corp edition on the server.

Norton AV works very well. I use it too. System Works is the steaming pile of poo.

quote:

CCAPP

CCRegVfy

KernelFaultCheck

NvCplDaemon

Nwiz

None of them is NAV related. The last two are support files for your video card. I'd remove the first three and see what happens, or at least search the hard drive and see what they are for.