Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Changing MoriSeiki NT 5400 rotary behavior (Fanuc 31iA5)

Did a search but could not find...

The C axis of our NT 5400 is working on the EIA mode - That is, it only moves between 0 and 360 degrees (Absolute). If more than one turn is executed, the axis starts to count from 0 again.

I have a program wrote by hand that uses cylindrical interpolation (G7.1) and if the machine behaves like above, that is, using shortest moves, this program will scrap the part.

When I change the C axis definition in VERICUT to set it to linear mode (That is, it accumulates turns, 2 full turns makes it to position to 720 degrees), then it works well.

I´m told that this machine works on C axis on shortest mode, and I´m afraid this program will fail there.

Is there any M code or parameter I can change to make the axis to behave like a linear axis and also ignore the shortest moves?

Tks,

Daniel