Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Filter settings

bigprody

The Spiral Tool Path does just that, it spirals around the object, which would mean more of a Helical arc progression around the boss. Unfortunately, the tool path doesn't do a good job of creating helical arcs.

If I turn on "Optimize cut order", and use the "adjust tolerance for arcs" on the filter page (turn it up to 100% of maximal value), you get more arcs at the top of the pin. (I visualize the arc/linear motion by changing the display color of Arcs to red and green. That way the linear motion is blue, and the rest is green/red when an arc is present.

From what I saw, the path will create Arcs at the top of the pin, but once you've got the first 25% at the top machined, it goes into the spiral motion, and that gives you linear output.

I got great results by using Waterline, and just messing with the stepover values (add cuts, .005 max profile setup).

It looks like you've got a .001 stepover. Is that intentional? I know this is a Trode, but can you get away with a .002 or .003 stepover instead?

• Like 1

Hey Colin thanks for taking a look at it. Your guidance on this forum is unparalleled, I always take a peek at a thread that I see you are involved in. I did mess with waterline after I posted and found the same as you. I do not do too much 3d stuff and I have a bad taste in my mouth with waterline from V9 so It is not my first choice. As far as the step over our plunge guy is over the top picky so I over do the settings a bit. Thanks again.

I was able to get almost all arc moves.

Go into filter settings, set total tolerance to .0001, then check the line arc filter settings as well as create arcs in XY XZ and YZ check boxes, Then set cut tolerance percentage to 15.

This produced almost all arc motion and looks much cleaner.