Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Budget PC for home use

jlw™

Guys, Thanks to my youngest boy my laptop is no longer with us. I need a decent budget computer for light home use. I generally bring my laptop home if I need to work a little on the weekend. I want a desktop capable of running mcam because I play a lot to learn the software.

I don't have time to build one unless it's pretty much a kit, to quote Sweet Brown "ain't nobody got time for dat."

I want to buy an off the shelf pc or one that some one else built to spec.

I'm looking at this one on ebay:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=201224537635&alt=web

and wanted to get some input or suggestions. I'd like to stay around $1500 for the pc and be able to run at least 2 preferably 3 monitors.

I've been out of the loop so long on building that I have no idea what board and such to get.