Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Help with Heidenhain post

Thad

We've been tasked to do some programming for our mother company. I don't know anything about the machine except it has a Heidenhain 426 control. Of the 3 posts that come with MC, can anyone who is familiar with that control tell me which one works the best out of the box? I'm not sure what our timing is like on this job, so I may not have time to contact our dealer.

Edited to say that it will be for 2 and 3 axis work.

Thad

[ 11-25-2003, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: Thad ]

Hi Thad! tongue.gif

I´m have Tnc 426 Post created by myself in conversational language, its based in Mcam Tnc Post´m included im Mcam Cd.I created some changes, between the things its you may define it is a BlkForm Definition, in a Job Setup Box, programmer name, before posting, corrected arc in all planes, etc...

Note: It created for V9.Maybe V9.1 need changes.Use UPDATEPST9.DLL CHOOK IF NEEDED.

You take it in:

ftp://mastercam:[email protected]/Ma...misc/tnc426.zip

as far as ISO mode the outta the box works o.k. I have had problems with canned cycles tho. Milling seems fine. in ISO the canned cycles use a "P" value

N4 G00 G90 X0. Y0.

N5 Z1.

N6 G83 P01 -.1 P02 -0.25 P03 -0.25 P04 0. P05 25

N7 X0. Y0.

N8 Z0.1 M99

verses the conv post

9 L Z+0 F MAX M91

10 L X+0 Y+0 R0 F MAX M3

11 L Z+1 F MAX

12 CYCL DEF 200 DRILLING ~

Q200=+.1 ; SET-UP CLEARANCE ~

Q201=-.25 ; DEPTH ~

Q206=25 ; FEED RATE FOR PLNGNG ~

Q202=+.25 ; PLUNGING DEPTH ~

Q210=+0 ; DWELL TIME AT TOP ~

Q203=+0 ; SURFACE COORDINATE ~

Q204=+1 ; 2ND SET-UP CLEARANCE ~

Q211=+0 ; DWELL TIME AT DEPTH

13 L X+0 Y+0 F MAX M99

14 L Z+1 F MAX

15 Z+0 F MAX M91 M00

little diferance in our 310 and 430 as far as the code goes. most enhancments are at the control. they are VERY fussy when it comes to file transmition. are they using TNCREMO for windows?

Thanks Piu, I'll check it out.

Mayday, all 3 posts from the CD looked like conversational posts. They had R, L, MAX and stuff like that. Either I'm missing something or I shouldn't be taking my coworker's word for it.

quote:

are they using TNCREMO for windows?

I don't know. Is this important for us to know?

Thad

quote:

Mayday, all 3 posts from the CD looked like conversational posts.

I just checked them myself and the MPHEID_I.pst looks like G code and the others conversational. If you want something done right... biggrin.gif

Looks like we'll have to start editing it from here. Thanks.

Thad

all these are non modal in conversational

L = linier move

F max = rapid, heids defalt to feed instead of rapid rolleyes.gif

no FMAX at end of line, it feeds

RR = rad right

RL = rad left

CC= circle center

C = circle

DR+ = ccw circ

DR- = cw circ

no g54 work offsets, they use label calls

M99 = repeat canned cycle

Thad,

You can find alot of information here about the heidenhein's

http://www.absolutencoder.com/techdata.html

Also, wanted to let you know, there ISO is not standard gcode even though it looks like it could be. I don't know ISO nor do I want to. The conversational is pretty simple and straight forward.

Mayday,

quote:

personally If I had my choice? I'd crank a handle

Feels like you are just twisting that knife around... Ouch. J/K

Greg

dont take it personal Greg. after 20 yrs of Fanuc code and then seeing Heid practically annihilate it with there idea of gcode, just not a happy camper when I have to deal with it. I have pulled my hair out getting our post to work for our 5 axis floormill in conversational. Its just not on my list of controls to buy thats all. no matter what I still got 3 of em to post code for.

MayDay teh where's my hair eek.gif

I hear ya Mayday, I am the exact opposite and would be the same way if I had to do it for a Fanuc control. We have 2 controls where the set up has to be positive, 2 that the set up has to be negative, and 2 that the set up can be positive or negative. Kinda goofy if you ask me.

It was a real big benefit for tweaking in our posts knowing the language as I do. I don't even look at the programs anymore, I just post it and it's good to go. It makes me have a HUGE appreciation to all post writers by knowing how to write the post and then also knowing the different languages. Pretty amazing to me.

Greg

Maby I don't have the years some of you fella's do......

quote:

after 20 yrs of Fanuc code and then seeing Heid practically annihilate it with there idea of gcode, just not a happy camper when I have to deal with it. I have pulled my hair out getting our post to work for our 5 axis floormill in conversational. Its just not on my list of controls to buy thats all. no matter what I still got 3 of em to post code for.

cheers.gif to that.

It looks like the post on the CD is pretty close to what they want, with only minor changes.

Mayday and OPPIZ, I got your emails. I'll look at them also to see if some of the changes have been made already before we start modifying ours. Thanks for your help!

Thad