Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Remove points in Drilling ops

Rekd™

Is there a way of deleting ALL points when re-selecting geometry from ops manager? I often use the same drilling cycles and have to remove points and add new ones. Unfortunately, when I've got 96+ holes already selected, I have to un-select them ONE....AT....A....TIME!!!! mad.gif

Thanks

Rekd

First copy the drill operation and paste to get same one operation in operations manager.Then move mouse to "Geometry" icon of second operation, holddown the left button of mouse. Move the geometry icon to first operation.Will display a menu after release button, please select "Replace",system display a message "Coping toolpath geometry to another operation...".Please choose "No". The geometry icon of first operation will become to zoro poin. all selected points will be erase.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Rekd,

Another approach you can use as well is go to the geometry of the drilling operation, delete points, then hold down BOTH right and left mouse buttons and use it like you would use the eraser in Microsoft Paint moving back and forth. It's an undocumented feature and works really well when trying to delete a bunch of stuff.

NOTE: Be VERY careful with this, you can delete ALOT of stuff VERY Fast.

Have fun,

------------------

James Meyette ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Rekd,

If you were to isolate your points/arcs on a seperate level(s) you could Window Points/Mask On Arcs VERY easily. Then if you had to delete a drilling operation it would be really simple to create another operation.

Seperating my geometry on different levels saves me lots of time in toolpath generation.

Just my 2¢

------------------

James Meyette

Using "levels" is the only way to go. I totally seperate every peice of my models in the groups that they will be machined along with changing colors just for the reason mentioned earlier. Also, by using levels for "regenerating or creating" new operations, you can avoid the RED X. "Tony" mentioned in a post earlier that sometimes his op-manager is full of RED X's. I like to keep things very organized. It takes a little time to really get used to using levels, but it is well worth the trouble.

------------------

Trevor Bailey

[email protected]

Specializing in Contract Programming