Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

POSTING ON DEMAND

brian ripley

Hello,

I would like for our operators to be able to post as the job comes to their machine. Is there some software that can do that other than have a seat of Mastercam? I don't want them to be able to change geometry or tool paths just post the mcx-9 file.

Thank you

You and I have the same desire on this. I get tired of people saving NC files. It's retarded. Guys in the shop edit nc code then never let the programmer know what was changed, and the MC file never gets updated. Then they end up with a dozen NC files for the same op and wonder why they keep scrapping parts. As soon as a revision comes around they go through the same stupid circle. This shop is a clusterFK of stupidity when it comes to things like this

(and many other things). Every time the job is run it should be reposted to the desired machine with an updated version of the MC file. I have not worked anywhere before that saving an NC file was tolerated. It is the wrong way to do things.

• Like 1

You and I have the same desire on this. I get tired of people saving NC files. It's retarded. Guys in the shop edit nc code then never let the programmer know what was changed, and the MC file never gets updated. Then they end up with a dozen NC files for the same op and wonder why they keep scrapping parts. As soon as a revision comes around they go through the same stupid circle. This shop is a clusterFK of stupidity when it comes to things like this

(and many other things). Every time the job is run it should be reposted to the desired machine with an updated version of the MC file. I have not worked anywhere before that saving an NC file was tolerated. It is the wrong way to do things.

You are correct on your last statement and someone needs to understand how to correctly run the place. The person programming the part is not getting enough feedback from the shop or the person running the shop has not got the correct understanding of the best practices to make parts. That is just insanity to keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect different results. Lock it down and whoever is caught changing a program without writing down what, why, where and how they changed the program in a log book or in a controlled process is fired plain and simple. You are making a plate with 4 holes okay maybe, but that time wasted is valuable profits being flushed down the toilet. Must be nice to have deep pockets and not care about doing it the correct way.

What is the name of that place so I know where not to send anyone from our company? Kind of kidding, but also kind of serious. I feel for you.

• Like 2

Yeah! Lock it down! We did that. The problem is the people that have the keys. Our manager and supervisors and leadmen are so completely F'in dysfunctional that nothing gets done right. The managers are the problem. Here is another example: We  got a software upgrade for a parlec presetter last year that allows us to send all tool offsets via nc file to the cnc controls. I wrote parlec post processors for every machine and trained them how to use it. The posts call up the tool, load the offsets and then bring the tool to the most convenient position for the setup guy to load the tool. Hitting cycle start repeats the process for the next tool. A year later these useless monkeys are still typing in offsets by hand. Another issue we had was "skilled machinists" from Dumkok China not knowing how to use the toilets. They would stand on the toilet seat and cr@p while squatting on it, like they were dumping in a hole, and leave a mess all over the seats. Forget about trying to get them to flush. These are prime example of idiots refusing to adapt to new and better situations. Well, I assume they are better. I never tried cr@pping while standing on the toilet seat. I might be wrong.

• Like 2