Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Start

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Anyone know if you can make a sound happen when Mastercam Launches?

I want to have the THX sound go when I launch Mastercam.

biggrin.gif

James teh "I like useless bells and whistles"

Kenneth,

Give me a while - I have not done anything like this for a long, long time. (15 - 20yrs or so)

When I get time I will try it myself.

With the way "Winblows" has changed - it might not even work anymore? But you use to have a "BEEP" command you could call, but I don't mess with progrmming anymore. SO ?????

Mark Anderson

James,

I don't know what O/S you're running, but in W98 it's pretty easy to add sounds to any application.

You need to edit the registry by adding a couple of keys, and then drop the .wav file in the proper directory. The will add the app and the sounds to your sound properties in your control panel.

If you're interested, let me know and I will post a more detailed description.

Romer

#1- BACK UP THE REGISTRY! -screw ups in there can definitely ruin your whole day, week, month, etc.

#2- Open HKEY_CURRENT_USERAppEventsSchemesApps and create a new key with the same name as your application's executable ("Mill9" for example).

Edit the string to place the name of the app. as you want it to appear in the sounds control window.("Mastercam", "Mill9", etc.)

#3- Create another key within the "Mill9" key you just created, and name it "Open". You can also add a "Close" key if you wish in the same manner.

#4- Close your editor.

#5- Insert your .wav file in the proper directory (C:winmedia most likely).

#6- Go to your settings control panel and open the "Sounds" window. Scroll down and the name of the app. ("Mastercam", Mill9", etc.) and the desired command ("Open") should now appear. The sound file you added should also appear in the list of sound names. Preview and add the sounds to whatever you wish. Close up and the next time you start the app., the sound should play.

James, FWIW there are 2 THX sound files that I know of, the original "THX" and also "DOLBY THX".

Distinctly different but both are pretty cool sounding.

Personally, I've always had Darth Vader "greet" me with "What is thy bidding my master" when I open Mastercam.

Hope this helps,

Romer