Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

cimco/mazak communicating

LFP

I am new to the whole cnc world. Have been running/programming a fadal for the last 8 months. Recently (6 weeks ago) started programming an old mazak hor. milling center. We have cimco communicating with our fadal but I am unable to get communication set up with the mazak. I have received parameter settings from a chicago company for G19-G50. I have been told you need the grifo brothers software by some people, others say you don't need it. The only thing I have been able to achieve is error #551 SET THE NEW PAPER TAPE. In the Mazak error book that error is called a PARITY V ERROR. I am getting a wee bit confused and tired. Any help/suggestions would be great. One more question, what is an mch. file and what do I need to do to open it.

thanks for any help

Does your mazak have the eia option?

If so you can do it. Mazak has a dnc set up manual that they will fax you.

Keep in mind that on the mazak eia the settings on machine are different than settings on pc.

(mazak=8n1 and pc=7e2?) something crazy like that.

just payclose attention to the settings they specify.

Jimmy

LFP,

Welcome to the forum.

quote:

I am getting a wee bit confused and tired.

Dont give up on this. Which control, M32?

Any comm program will drip feed and allow for and EIA program transfer. If the control is M2 or M32 then the extension must be 9999.nc etc!

I'll do this much for you.

Type the communications parameters on this forum (all of them starting with parameter G1 thru parameter G108) and I will edit a response back to you that will solve your problem.

IE:

G1 = 2

G2 = 1

Basically, you do the effort and I'll provide the solution. - I have a Mazak with an M32 in my garage.

I use Easytalk for communicating and would like to hear back how the Cimco editor/communication works out.

cheers.gif

Regards, Jack

[ 12-18-2003, 01:11 AM: Message edited by: Jack Mitchell ]

Thanks for all the advice. I am finally communicating with the Mazak. Shop down the road gave me his settings for machine and cimco which work for mine. If anyone out there is interested in what I have let me know and I'll send them out to you.

Thanks again, have a good holiday

Glenn

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...