Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Sub Spindle Programming - Upper/Right Combo

Jake E.

I am having a problem getting this programmed, its a simple face op and a chamfer.   I have done a stock transfer (Misc Op) and I am using WCS D+/Z+(1), with the origin at he orgin of the part, T/CPlane Top.  I either get the tool doing the face cuts then rapding Z+ the X+ the Z- to next position (Z+.05 from first as I want), or I get an error stating that "the tool is starting embedded in the chuck".

I am attaching a few pics.  Any help would be appreciated

Using MCX9 Lathe

Jake

post-45992-0-35801600-1452545207_thumb.jpg

post-45992-0-13227000-1452545208_thumb.jpg

post-45992-0-37671300-1452545209_thumb.jpg

post-45992-0-18379000-1452545210_thumb.jpg

Here is the file.  I ended up just deleteign the facing operation and used a roughing op, but want to get this figured out. I am working on another part right now, and I am having issues with doing a pocket on the face with a boss ( 31450043 xa file) and I keep getting either Y and Z moves or X and C, but I want Y and X moves.  

Its been over 5 yrs since I programmed lathes other than simple slant bed XZ lathes.   i used to be able to do Twin Spindle/Twin Turret programming....gettign old sucks.

299 MC 2310C0841 REV '1' - SEC.mcx-9

332 MC 31450043-01 REV 'XA' - SEC.mcx-9

Yes you found the +D+Z bug with the machine properties. Change it to TOP and that error goes away. I was able to get the facing operation to be correct after I fixed your lead out.

BTW nice to see someone label their levels and take the time to put the level of attention you did. Great work.

Thanks.

I was able to get it up and running after changing the WCS.  Simple things that your forget about after not doing it for 5+yrs.

Thanks.

I was able to get it up and running after changing the WCS.  Simple things that your forget about after not doing it for 5+yrs.

Having had to program machine by hand and then jumping into Mill/Turns I have just never used the +D process in lathe. You can draw everything diameter, but then when you need to draw milling feature revert back to Top, Right, Front so I just never got in the habit of using that method for programming lathe even when I am programming a basic 2Axis lathe program. Glad I remembered that weird one to help you out and file sent to QC to see what they have to say.