Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Toyoda Machine Tools

Nothing on 5x Toyodas but the last company I was with had two of the horizontals, 800mm pallet size I believe, running off a 30 pallet FMS. The 2 machines replaced 11 badly worn out Fadals.

Machines both had HSK-100 Spindles, TSC, fully loaded Fanuc 31a5 controls, scales, Renishaw workpiece probes, laser measurement tool probes and Matrix style tool magazines. I was working in inspection for a brief time and inspected parts coming off of them. Pretty rare to see anything more than .001" away from nominal on loosely toleranced features, and it held lots of sub .001" tolerances with ease. Most accuracy issues were found to be from material handling/incorrect loading of parts.

Very rigid, and very accurate across high temperature fluctuations. Roll up doors on each end of the machine were usually cracked halfway during Northern California summers (70F in the morning, up to 90-100F at noon).

Only downside was very poor chip evacuation that led to jammed/bent/destroyed way covers that needed replacements every 6-8 months. The fact that the spindle was HSK-100 and relatively low RPM led me to believe Toyoda probably intended the machine be used for Ferrous alloy machining, and we were running into problems because all we cut was 6061 which just like to hangout on the way covers.

I'm not sure if this problem was ever resolved. When I left it had not been corrected.

Tech support was pretty good when we needed them. The 2 programmers assigned to the machine didn't have any trouble getting service out when we needed them. YMMV depending on your location/re-seller obviously.