Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Problem with boundary not closed error

wgeurts

In the v7.2b mill program I am having problems with the program saying that "the boundary is not closed" and it will not mill what I want it to mill. Are there any patches needed to fix this error or are there any suggestions that anyone can make to help me solve this program? I am in a machining class for UW-Platteville and many students are having this same problem. Some have even redrawn the part and the error still occurs. We have extended the lines and trimmed them all. We are also using the break command and still the error is coming up. Thank you for any information that can be provided.

[This message has been edited by wgeurts (edited 04-16-2001).]

This is not a problem with the software.

I recommend you select Screen, Endpoints, which will put a mark at the end of every entity, which generally shows small breaks clearly.

Second, go into an isometric view, and make sure the geometry is connected in the Z-axis, not just x-y. (of course, under Chain, Option, you can select Ignore Depths, and the profile will ignore the Z's and chain anyway.

Trust me, when you really, really look at this problem, the geometry is the problem.

Thinking back to V7.2b, I ran across the same problem. And from what I remember the problem was where two splines met. They did not trim correctly to one another. (You did not mention splines, only lines, so this may not help you out.) But what I did was convert the splines to lines and arcs and retrimmed everything.

[This message has been edited by Mark H (edited 04-19-2001).]

so wgeurts did you figure out what happened.

if not post this file so some of us may take a look and help.

you may even email it to me and i will post the result.

At [email protected]

please keep us updated this helps every one

on this forum. smile.gif

------------------

jay/ aka cadcam

Precision Programming

cnc programming &

Predator reseller

email: [email protected]

web: www.ppcadcam.com

[This message has been edited by cadcam (edited 04-24-2001).]

Don't forget to try screen, next menu, comb views. This will orient all the visible arcs to the same plane (top). If an arc is created in cplane 4 you can't always use it in a toolpath in "top". You may also have a problem if you rotate a top view by 90 deg and create an arc or fillet ( say view 35 ) and also run into problems.