Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

lead in /out multiaxis

mirek1017

There are linking setting and then there are the lead in/out. All together there are maybe 100 different ways to get in and out of a multi axis cut using this toolpath. Dig dig and dig some more is your best friend. I still call it the Swiss army knife of toolpaths, but it does take time to get it all figured out.

• Like 1

There are linking setting and then there are the lead in/out. All together there are maybe 100 different ways to get in and out of a multi axis cut using this toolpath. Dig dig and dig some more is your best friend. I still call it the Swiss army knife of toolpaths, but it does take time to get it all figured out.

excellent path for quick simple parts, just used this last week for a 9" x 6.5 rectangular part full rad ends that had a 4deg edge chamfer. Click click, bam. Done! Cut it with the side of the endmill, beautiful finish.

I hope that my part will be click,click,bam .I do not have much experience on multi axis I do not know how to control it all :)

That will ONLY come with experience.

Multiaxis machining is quite complex and takes time to learn.

I would highly recommend taking a multiaxis training session from your Mastercam reseller to learn the basics.  :thumbsup:

Like Ron said above, you need to keep digging into the menus and sub-menus to find all of the different settings.

Most of us who have been doing this for a number of years have found that learning is often accomplished by trial and error.

Take the time to change one setting at a time, regenerate the toolpath, and see what that setting does.

Sooner or later you will get the result you are looking for, but it takes time.

Good luck!  :cheers:

• Like 3

Thank you gentlemen for your reply,

Jim I tried to make an appointment with my dealer to have any training multi axis but their answer was with at the time they did not offer any classes,if I  need help they come to shop,but i would like to have some basis , I asked for a book , I hope that I send to me.

Thank you gentlemen for your reply,

Jim I tried to make an appointment with my dealer to have any training multi axis but their answer was with at the time they did not offer any classes,if I  need help they come to shop,but i would like to have some basis , I asked for a book , I hope that I send to me.

Yes, if you can't get formal classroom training, a good book with a tutorial is the next best thing.

There are many good training resources here on the In-House web site if you choose to go in that direction. :cheers:

Not sure if they can go all the way back to X5, but you can ask.

I would send a PM to Daniel or one of the other mods here to find out what X5 training materials may still be available.