Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Simple 45 Degree Chamfer on a "Complicated" Object

curious-n00b

Hi all,

I am very new to CNC machines. I used manual tools until now. I have been doing a lot of trial and error with Mastercam. I can do 2D files without a problem and then all I want to do is a simple chamfer (45 degree) on two sides of the objects in the files.

I tried to use guides but no luck. Please take a look at the attached files and give any advice you think could help.

You sure you want to share that file? That looks like a knife handle that someone put a lot of work designing into.

Well 2d Contour allows for a chamfer. On the contour type down down is 2D chamfer. Decide on the tool then decide on the amount of chamfer and should be good from there.

Sorry no X5 loaded here so I cannot help you more than that.