Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Operations Manager Quirks

Peccator

In Lathe I have experienced a tiny problem.

After performing a tool path. Any ol' tool path'l do. I find that my tool path groups are gone, except the first one and the tool paths that were in those groups are joined to the first one. mad.gif This usually happens after backplotting and returning to the Ops Man. And if you ask me to, I can't create this problem at will. It is sporadic.

Now, that is not so much a hassle. But, I'm working on gramming an Integrex and I like to keep my Main spindle paths separate from my sub spindle paths.

Any takers???

Sorry, can't upload to the FTP yet. The Net. Admin. is workin' on it.BTW. This problem seems only to be happening wile gramming the Grex.

Please, don't direct me to the bottom of my post. wink.gif

I know. I know. Alt A. Alt A.

The files ( MC9 Lathe and an STL for said MC9 file ) are files for an Integrex.

quote:

After performing a tool path. Any ol' tool path'l do. I find that my tool path groups are gone, except the first one and the tool paths that were in those groups are joined to the first one. This usually happens after backplotting and returning to the Ops Man. And if you ask me to, I can't create this problem at will. It is sporadic.

I know that I recreated the problem one time.

I created a tool path that gave me an error. The error said " Error in creating Tool path". To which I had to escape back to the Ops manager.

When I went back to the Ops. man., I found that the TP's in the 2nd tool group were put into the 1st tool group and the 2nd tool group was gone.

The question is:What is causin' the tool group(s)

to disappear and the tool paths in those missin' groups to retreat to the 1st tool group? confused.gif

Also, the first tool group is renamed in this quirk back the default name of "Toolpath Group 1".

I don't know what is causing this.

Thank you very much Jay for your help.

Rookie 1 teh livin' up to the ending post statement of Save it early! Save it often!

I too have seen this type of problem. lost three groups once and all ops were in the first group. But I have noticed this when I was using a new WCS. Also had the veiws get messed up when i try to backplot and I'm not using one of the standard views. I did a reinstall from the 9.1 sp2 cd and still have these problems occasionally. I posted a file to the ftp site a while back, where the wcs was boncked from the geo. If I tryed to rotate the view, the entities would rotate one direction and the wcs would rotate the opposite. I put in the latest video drivers, and have all the latest patches for w2k pro. But like you I can't recreate it on demand. Sure would like to know how to get around this one.

I have had this same problem in mill. I had wound up re-programming several parts... no fun. I then tried Ram Saver from the file menu this restored the file and allowed me to back plot and post. with no ill effect. It seems to happen when I am doing allot of cut and paste in the operations mgr.

KS

Hi Rookie 1!

Would you be able to load up to the FTP site

a tiny little program maybe with 3 or 4 tools

MC9 and the EIA output as well. I will have to program soon the Integrex 300Y at our shop

and I do not have the slightest idea how the program will look like with the y-axis and the B-axis.

Regards, John

Here comes the thread hijack

John, do you have the Capto C6 spindle or the KM63 spindle in your Integrex? If it is Capto I have some nearly new tools, some never used, [about $17K US list price] that we are trying to sell which we will make you a serious deal on if you can use them.

Help me

C

Do you guys have an operation name that

A} Has spaces or other non dos filename character?

B} Is the opnaame more than eight characters?

I have seen this on certain computers and not others. Also sometimes the last op will not get posted with the others. It has happened on all types of operating systems and pc's.

I spent 3 hours with a customer having a similar prob, and he would send me the file and it would work on my pc. Finally took spaces out of op names and it worked for him.

I think it is a windows setting, but not sure which one.

Jimmy

[ 01-04-2004, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: Jimmy Wakeford, from Barefoot CNC ]

Jimmy,

quote:

Do you guys have an operation name that

A} Has spaces or other non dos filename character?

B} Is the opnaame more than eight characters?

A} resonse is No. I use single name descrip. when this has happened.

B} response is no also.

-------------------------------------------------

John,

quote:

What communication software are you using...

CIMCO DNC Max. It has done an excellent job.

quote:

...and what are your settings

I will have to get an answer on this one. I will put these in with my MC9/EIA files email. If that is OK?

Thanks,

The Rook