Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool Manager Wigged Out

Müřlıń®

Hey guys my tool manager is acting really strange...

I have dual monitors and when I dragged the tool manager window over to the second monitor everything wigged out..

I finally got the windows to come up on monitor 1 but it is still bugged...

Look how 1st page and going to second page is a merge of both pages.

I have restarted Mastercam...rebooted Windows....nothing helps...

BTW it was acting strange before I dragged it over to the second monitor.  I was hoping to fix it but it seem to make it worse..

just rebooted computer for second time...tried the tool manager from a different file...same same...going from 1st page to second pressing next causes a malfunction of the tool manager window.

You can press the little hide arrow and it clears up the inside fields but the text on border is still garbled.

I have deleted config, changed wotkspace, just about everything I can think of....

Hate to reinstall....but I think I have needed too for a while now...

and after I did a repair.....same thing still glitched...

But I fixed the problem....and good thing I wasn't looking forward to reinstalling all those machines...

Looks like windows glitched out the manager... 

TK-32 suggested I try to reassign my monitors......

And that worked!  it put the manager back together again...

I have not got a clue why all of the sudden after months of use, Windows decides to change monitor assignments on me...

I had to switch to lcd 2 for main and it works good now...

• Like 1

I dont know about memory....Dells bios has pretty good checksum....

but I just came back from eye doctor and it has garbled again...

Seems grabbing the tool manager and dropping it back and forth on monitors fixes it...

The first time it happened the whole tool manager window would blend into the desktop when I dragged it from one screen to the next.

you had to mouse over before the buttons would start showing up.

I had this windows error on the screen when I came in..

BSvc processor has stopped working, please close the program

Looks like a Windows glitch...

Got Win 7?

Microsoft is being a real pain in the A.. A lot of updates lately that really mess with the settings. Explorer lags all the time now(at Home). Computer starts on its own after is goes to sleep and auto shuts down. I was able to fix that. turned off explorer. Went to goggle chrome. NO issues so far.

The biggest pain is they think they own my computer. They keep trying to upgrade to Win 10.

Win 10 has some real funny issues.

Your problem is more then likely the drivers and the updates. They wont get along.

Got Win 7?

Microsoft is being a real pain in the A.. A lot of updates lately that really mess with the settings. Explorer lags all the time now(at Home). Computer starts on its own after is goes to sleep and auto shuts down. I was able to fix that. turned off explorer. Went to goggle chrome. NO issues so far.

The biggest pain is they think they own my computer. They keep trying to upgrade to Win 10.

Win 10 has some real funny issues.

Your problem is more then likely the drivers and the updates. They wont get along.

OK I rolled back to the farthest restore point possible...

Now there are 19 win fixes.....

I am certain all my problems are coming from one of those hot fixes....

Because everything seemd to clear itself out and I had alot of issues...

I just wish there was a way to find out which one cause mastercam to wig out.....

I need those security patches...

You could try adding the fixes one at a time and see when it starts to give problems.

Also - when you do see these problems and restart your computer, be sure you do a HARD restart, don't just select reboot from the Windows start menu.

Select Shut Down so that you have to actually turn the computer off and on again with the power button.  In the past I have went as far as unplugging the

computer and leaving it unplugged for a half hour to drain all power from the motherboard so that I was sure I was getting a good restart.

With the problems you are seeing with the window disappearing and mousing over bringing the buttons back and all -- I would guess some type of memory

issue - now to track if it is caused by memory being full, a M$ update causing memory to be managed badly, a bad stick of memory, ......

-Brian