Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Parting Tool Suggestions.

Hi,

Does anybody have a good recommendation for a parting tool for Aluminum? I need something that can part at least 2" dia.

I currently have a Seco blade system but the finish on Aluminum is not perfect. I have tried different inserts and tried many different speeds and feeds.

Thanks

John

Hi,

Does anybody have a good recommendation for a parting tool for Aluminum? I need something that can part at least 2" dia.

I currently have a Seco blade system but the finish on Aluminum is not perfect. I have tried different inserts and tried many different speeds and feeds.

Thanks

John

2" dia isn't that big,so you can use an insert style solid tool instead of a blade system.

The big mfg's all make some good cutoff tools that produce pretty much the same quality.

We use Sandvik,but Iscar, Seco etc all make the same kinds.

Obviously for larger stuff you'd use a blade like you have.

You said you tried different inserts, but have you tried aluminum specific inserts? Don't be shy on the feedrate either.