Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

B Axis posts moves in 1 degree increments

swanny

My post wants to  do a bunch of b axis moves instead of just rotating 90 degrees. It only happens when the rotation is with the same tool. If I force a tool change then it works fine. attaching a picture of the posted problem. Running mastercam 2017 - haas vf2- tr series 5 axis trunnion mill.

post-27774-0-15849100-1468861905_thumb.png

Depending on what program your using to make that toolpath you may have your max rapid movement set to 1 deg.

In your linking settings the angle step for rapid moves may be set to 1.

Just a thought.

Its just 2d contours. Not a surface program. I think its a machine definition or a post issue.

Never mind. Found it in an older post about the same topic. It was in the post and not the machine definition.

brk_mv_head  : 1     #Break the 5 axis moves to remove gouge

brk_max_ang  : 180     #'brk_mv_head' maximum angle move, applied if chordal_ "was 1 changed to 180"

Fixed the issue
  • Thanks 1

Never mind. Found it in an older post about the same topic. It was in the post and not the machine definition.

brk_max_ang  : 180     #'brk_mv_head' maximum angle move, applied if chordal_ "was 1 changed to 180"

Fixed the issue

Thank you for letting us know you got it solved I for one appreciate it. :clap: :clap: :clap:

• 1 year later...
On 7/18/2016 at 12:43 PM, swanny said:

Fixed the issue

sorry for the old thread bump but this was very helpful and fixed my issue on the rotary axis (A axis), now do I need to fix the B axis?  (tilt)? 

this is a haas tr200y, Im editing the generic haas post.