Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2017 has broken stock model

jaydenn

As I write this, it's been well over 15 minutes since I pressed the generate button on my stock model. WELL over 15 minutes.

I know it's set correctly, because I always do a "trial run" using one tiny toolpath to make sure my planes are right, etc, etc. My trial was fine. settings are good.

Then, I add in the whopping 9 operations that make up my file and hit generate. It been chugging along for 20 minutes now and nothing...

This same "type" of file generates in about 45 seconds in X9; in 2017 it's unusable.

I'm terrified to see how long it takes to carve out one of my 100 plus operation programs. We'll probably be selling finished parts before MCAM finishes generating.

Joking aside, has anyone else noticed the absurdly slow performance of "Stock Model"?

FYI, if I verify this program, the whole simulation finishes in 10 seconds...It's all planar toolpaths, nothing complicated.

Everything works....It's just painfully slow!

J

Oh yeah, multi threading is working great. That's no issue.

No drilling, just fixed axis surfacing paths.

It literally takes 30 minutes every time I generate. X9 takes 60 seconds.

Multi threading is a bit of a misnomer in this instance since other toolpaths can be dependent on a stock model, effectively, you need to wait for it to generate before you can work. 

try making sure no large solids are visible on the screen when you hit regen

I just got a bug number on a bug where a large complex solid model slowed regens down if the model was visible on the screen

No effect.

But you are seeing a performance degradation in 2017? it's not just me?