Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas Toolroom Mill

KJS

I know this has been touched on in the past but I'd like to hear any new opinions people have on the Haas toolroom mill. It seems like a nice machine for toolroom use. The price seems pretty good too. For around $30,000 you get one with a better control and tool changer. Any comments would be appreciated.

They are pretty nice for what they are. We have 3 here "mini mills" we typically run 4" vices on them to help with Z height, they are limited. If your work consists of light milling, small parts and secondary opps they great for that. In the 3+ years we have had them the only problem was with one of them having a limit switch go out. Haas's service is quick and dependable.

My jefe' (boss) just ordered one also. From what I here it should be here soon? It looks like a cool little mill maby for second opping our molds?! biggrin.gif

I also heard were getting a couple lathes, I know I'm gonna need some refreshing.......It's been almost 2 years and one version of MC. wink.gif

cheers.gif

Hi KJS I have owned my Tool room mill for 2 years now, and I'm 100% happy . I design and build progresive press tools up to 18 stages for electronics parts running 0.1mm material,also do light production on it. The TM1 is very accurate and so easy learn. I had no Cnc experence before I bought. Mine has the ATC.

This machine is perfect for me but would not recomend it for mould making or heavy cutting production work, it is what it's called a Toolroom

Mill.I wish only that it had a few more Rev's.

Thanks to all who replied. We ended up buying a Fadal 2016 VMC. It's a remanufactured one that cost about $10,000 less then new. It may be a little more then we need in the toolroom right now but it has alot of potential for future work. Thanks again.

About the decision to go with Fadal. The Haas would have suited us very well and I really liked it. The guys who write the checks felt the Fadal was the way to go. I think they felt a VMC had some production potential if it was ever needed. We have lost toolroom machines in the past to production. But I guess thats just the way it goes. I still really can't say a bad thing about my employer.