Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Multiple surfaces

BrianP.

Any way to not have to select each of the light green surfaces individually having only the lower mill package. There is rough multi surface pockets but I can't get it to work for just the angled surfaces. The finish gives me a multiple parallel surfaces which is good. But roughing I am having to create an op for each surface. 41 op's for roughing.   :wallbash:

post-12785-0-66888000-1473185332_thumb.png

• Like 4

You mean you don't have the full Mill Level 3 Mastercam and have Level 2 or Lower? If so then no you are stuck doing them as individual operations. One way around it would be make them one surface and then use boundaries and other things, but would be more work that you current process.

They got rid of the actual "levels" so there is no more 1,2 and 3. I believe there are just 2 now. And I got the lower one. We don't do a ton of multi surfacing. This is a once in a while job. Yeah I figured I was screwed.

Yea Mill3d would tear that part up. If you need to get by you can get er done in mill2d though, it wouldn't be as clean of 3d motion as the 3d package but if you want to get by I would recommend the following toolpaths.

Keep in mind these would not be my choices for Mill3D customers but since you only have mill2d;

For roughing, Multi-surface Pocket (make sure to set your containment boundary to the same size as your stock, set the plunge tool outside of boundary to allow the tool to cut more of an "Open Pocket" and make sure the set the toolpath depths. This will only produce parallel motion but as long as you define a nice step down and step over you should be able to get a pretty good traditional style roughing toolpath.

For finishing, The multi-surface Parallel toolpath (you will have to right click in the operations manager and go into mill toolpaths to see this path)

Sample file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rvdgi5fm3igoyyc/Very%20Basic%203d%20toolpaths%20for%20Mill2d.mcam?dl=0