Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5axis internal toolpath roughing

HateWhatOwnsYou

im trying to make the attached part and am having issues roughing the inside undercuts using 5 axis toolpaths.

I have the outside machined and have the center roughed down straight halfway down.

when i try to use the 5 axis roughing with a 3d containment, it just does it in 2D motions and plows the tool and holder through the part even tho i have collision checking turned on.

Im was able to make a port 5 axis toolpath that that cuts down the ID walls and a flow 5 axis toolpath to cut the bottom walls and the floor while spiraling to the center.

now when i tell the flow 5 axis toolpath to "rough" it will not regenerate the toolpath and just does nothing.

im no 5axis expert by any means or know what im doing wrong, can i get some pointers on how to approach this?

post-72349-0-28248300-1473864290_thumb.png

• Like 8

Im learning 5axis, i was unsure of weather to put it in here or the machining forum.

whats the best wat to upload, Z2G or just the whole mastercam file?

But are you a student, if not this belongs in the main forum and I can move it there

change the z2g to zip and you can upload it

if i could crack mastercam, i doubt i would need help with a tool path. (these toolpaths are with MC 2017 btw)

So can you guys help me or are we just gonna worry about if i have pirated software?

and for the record i COULD send the file to my reseller but it takes forever to get a response and sometimes arent much help, so i figured id give this place a shot.

This place is definitely worth a shot.  Looking at the file you have an In-House post so I'm confident you're legit.

I'll post you something up tomorrow if I have time tonight.  I've done a few parts similar on a Variaxis.  Not glass jars but similar!

Is that a pet project or are you just trying to learn?

im just trying to learn/ do pet project i saw on instagram. I found a 3D solid on grabcad, simplified the shape and made it my own size, its currently roughed and finished on the outside. we have a 5axis we use for postioning so ive just been dabbling in 5axis stuff here and there. some of the options/boxes are a little misleading and its hard to judge what exactly im doing wrong.

and for the record im not trying to be spoon fed a finished program either, i want to learn how to do it.

i appreciate the help! any pointers and tips would be great when you look at it, ive learned from trial and error.

(side note: is anyone here familiar with OPS Ingersoll V9's?)

im just trying to learn/ do pet project i saw on instagram. I found a 3D solid on grabcad, simplified the shape and made it my own size, its currently roughed and finished on the outside. we have a 5axis we use for postioning so ive just been dabbling in 5axis stuff here and there. some of the options/boxes are a little misleading and its hard to judge what exactly im doing wrong.

and for the record im not trying to be spoon fed a finished program either, i want to learn how to do it.

i appreciate the help! any pointers and tips would be great when you look at it, ive learned from trial and error.

(side note: is anyone here familiar with OPS Ingersoll V9's?)

I guess I shouldn't have said that. Sorry! I'd help but I'm stuck with X7.

After about 10hrs of trial and error (half of it was was regen time)

Only toolpath I was able to constantly come out right was the port for cutting walls.

I was able to get flow 5 axis but then mastercam refused to post it.

I tried 3 to 5 axis toolpath but it took 15min for regen

Ended up 3D scalloping the floor and turned on tilt for holder collision

post-72349-0-37866800-1474165050_thumb.jpg