Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

squiggly line button

jlw™

This is file specific, depends how the file was last saved....

I find it, if select ALL paths, ALT+T on and ALT+T off it'll stay

You need to choose it every time you launch. It is NOT a persistent setting.

It'll just become a part of your "brain" startup setting in Mcam(along with 50 other things that should be set, but never are).

J

You need to choose it every time you launch. It is NOT a persistent setting.

It'll just become a part of your "brain" startup setting in Mcam(along with 50 other things that should be set, but never are).

J

It already is... that's why I want it to stay on.

• Like 1

I wish you could lock this also. That is usually the first thing I hit when I open a file. 

You guy's are talking about turning it off, right?  It drives me nutz having to turn them off everytime I open a file!  I really don't see the use, if I want to see it, I'll just backplot and skip to the end.

• Like 1

Not exactly, I'm talking about it only shows the path you have highlighted so that when you arrow key up/down you can flip thru the paths and see what only what is selected.

I guess I'm just too ingrained in other softwares to get on board with all this extra clicking to see my paths.

• Like 1

Not exactly, I'm talking about it only shows the path you have highlighted so that when you arrow key up/down you can flip thru the paths and see what only what is selected.

I guess I'm just too ingrained in other softwares to get on board with all this extra clicking to see my paths.

Same with me. I always want it to show the selected path only.

It drives me nutz having to turn them off everytime I open a file!  I really don't see the use, if I want to see it, I'll just backplot and skip to the end.

+1

I don't want to see the toolpath on the screen, it's just clutter. If I need to see something I backplot it. Otherwise, get it the hell off my screen because it's just a nuisance.

• Like 1

I dunno, I select all of my paths, turn the off, save my file, shut down, re-open my file, no toolpaths showing

Just tried it twice to make sure I wasn't just seeing things

Will have to double check what I said... I'm also in X9

Yep... looks like I was wrong.  It does respond to how it was last saved.  I think I thought this was a problem because we use PDM Software, and if you're not checking the file out, it's not changing... of course. Lol