Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

hurco programming

can someone tell me how to program different peck depths using G83 deep hole cycle on a hurco win max control.. using isnc. example 1st peck 1inch, second.5 , and finish the hole with .250 pecks. also can you write a macro on this control.? I have no problem doing this on our fadal or Heidenhain control

For many machines this just isn't possible in a single G83 cycle, if they don't have additional parameters that can be written to the G83 cycle call.

As an alternative, you can output Long Hand code, and enter an "initial peck" (1 inch for example), and "subsequent peck" (say .2). That only gives you two depths, the first peck and then the rest of the hole would be cut using the 2nd peck value.

When clients request something like decending peck values on a machine that doesn't support that on the G83 line, then I usually end up creating a Custom Drill Cycle. Since you write the logic, you can simply pass the extra parameters, and write a While loop that outputs Rapid and Feed motion, while reducing the peck increment on each subsequent pass.

• Like 1

The G83 on some Hurcos looks a little strange

N140 Z2.
N150 Z.1
N160 G83 X-1.4727 Y.387 Z1.6 Z.5 Z.25 F4.1
N170 X.5644 Y.6289
N180 X.8062 Y-.6611
N190 G80

The Z1.6 is the Incremental Depth of the hole from the clearance height
The Z.5 is the amount of the 1st peck
The Z.25 is the subsequent peck

There is no code for a 3rd peck amount that I am aware of....

The G83 on some Hurcos looks a little strange

N140 Z2.

N150 Z.1

N160 G83 X-1.4727 Y.387 Z1.6 Z.5 Z.25 F4.1

N170 X.5644 Y.6289

N180 X.8062 Y-.6611

N190 G80

The Z1.6 is the Incremental Depth of the hole from the clearance height

The Z.5 is the amount of the 1st peck

The Z.25 is the subsequent peck

There is no code for a 3rd peck amount that I am aware of....

John that works on our older control that is BNC. Our new control is ISNC.

For many machines this just isn't possible in a single G83 cycle, if they don't have additional parameters that can be written to the G83 cycle call.

As an alternative, you can output Long Hand code, and enter an "initial peck" (1 inch for example), and "subsequent peck" (say .2). That only gives you two depths, the first peck and then the rest of the hole would be cut using the 2nd peck value.

When clients request something like decending peck values on a machine that doesn't support that on the G83 line, then I usually end up creating a Custom Drill Cycle. Since you write the logic, you can simply pass the extra parameters, and write a While loop that outputs Rapid and Feed motion, while reducing the peck increment on each subsequent pass.

The Hurco manual says you can have 3 peck depths but I can't find what letter to use. When you do your custom drill cycle do you do it through mastercam? Or write a macro and make it modal . I have 500 hole to drill per plate and they are .002 diameter.

The Hurco manual says you can have 3 peck depths but I can't find what letter to use. When you do your custom drill cycle do you do it through mastercam? Or write a macro and make it modal . I have 500 hole to drill per plate and they are .002 diameter.

I use the Custom Drill Cycles in Mastercam. There are 8 "canned" drill cycles that are "pre-defined" inside the Mastercam interface. There are 12 "user defined" cycles that are available for you to build any way you like. You do need to have some knowledge of post editing however, because the "architecture" is there for you to use, but it isn't "hooked up" to anything. That is what you do by editing the code within the custom cycle. When editing a Custom Drill Cycle, there are 6 parameters that you can edit and use to pass data into the Custom Drill Cycle routines. There you can write logic to interpret those values and "do something" with the data. There are also 10 optional "Additional Parameters" that you can activate on any of the Drill Cycles (both the Canned and the Custom) to pass additional data. So you've got up to 16 different numeric values (decimal numbers) that you can pass to any of the 20 available Drill Cycles.

The only issue will be creating the custom logic you need to calculate the values, and output the code you need.

If you figure out what format works on the Hurco for passing additional parameters (2nd and 3rd Z values), then you can just modify the Canned Peck Cycle, pass the extra values, and do some logic/math inside the Canned Drill Cycle inside the post to output the additional parameters you enter in the Drill Cycle Parameters dialog inside Mastercam.

• Like 2