Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

solid model change color after selected for 3d toolpath

snguyen6

I am using version 2017 .

example : I set the step file  with purple color   , after I  click on the model to do the 3d rough pocket  , the step file now  change to green .  and than if I keep going with 3d finish countour it start changing

to another color . it very wierd I never see that before .

I have never seen a solid change colors on it's own...there's something happening.....here's a couple things to try

Close Mastercam.......Open a new window of Mastercam with no file opened.....go into your config and check this setting

If it is set for group color, switch it to entity color

2016-10-30_9-14-35_zpsm6jfgkav.png

With the file ope that contains the solid that keeps changing, try this

Go into the Model Prep Tab and click clear all.......if the model is holding an imported color, this will clear it an allow your Mastercam color settings to take over

2016-10-30_9-17-31_zpsqyq7sepy.png

If none of that works try this

Go into the View tab, click on groups and open the Group window

2016-10-30_9-20-46_zpsyprttcun.png

2016-10-30_9-21-17_zpsut78zxub.png

If there are any defined groups, delete them.

See if ANY of that helps

Something else that it could also be is a Toolpath Manager setting found under display options. To see if that is the problem, right click into the toolpath manager and go to display options. From there make sure you do not have check boxes under "Highlight Geometry" for drive surfaces or check surfaces.

what the highlight geometry settings do is change the color of geometry on screen  associated to the toolpath when said toolpath is selected. Its kindof similar to the only show associative geometry button but this setting just highlites the geo instead of hiding the rest.

Something else that it could also be is a Toolpath Manager setting found under display options. To see if that is the problem, right click into the toolpath manager and go to display options. From there make sure you do not have check boxes under "Highlight Geometry" for drive surfaces or check surfaces.

what the highlight geometry settings do is change the color of geometry on screen  associated to the toolpath when said toolpath is selected. Its kindof similar to the only show associative geometry button but this setting just highlites the geo instead of hiding the rest.

This is what I was pointing at.  I set mine to match what I am used to.  Green and red.

• Like 1