Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

3D cutter comp

JAMES GABEL

James new machine coming in supports it and if it does he wants it added to his post. were Mastercam does not have the option for surfacing or 5axis to turn on and off cutter comp. I would see this as an option Misc Values to out put for this based on the post and machine.

That's not entirely accurate... some of the older 5-Axis toolpaths have the option to activate comp (control, wear, off). Since I use CAMplete for posting 5-Axis...i get G41.2/G42.2.

:D

If your NC Format outputs G43.4, it'll output G41.2/G42.2 when you have comp in your toolpath (I use wear and it outputs it).

Hit up your Methods CAMplete support guy. He should have the details for your setup and should be able to get you a good NC Format.