Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Active Reports Conditional Tool Data Output

EMPIND

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 5:53 AM, C^Millman said:

Best of luck and glad you are determined to figure it out. Shoot me and email and I will give you Mick's email or you can PM on the board and he should get back to you.

Yeah, Mick is really helpful with fast respond.  I asked bunch of questions and he answered it well.  One of the questions that I would like to ask since I am here is.

Usually the Z-DEPTH of ACTIVE REPORT does not included with BREAKTHROUGH and LEAVE ON FLOOR.  I would like to write a condition in the active report that saying:

"If BREAKTHROUGH > 0 then add value to Z-DEPTH",
"if LEAVE ON FLOOR <>0, then adjust Z-DEPTH by calculation",
"if BREAKTHROUGH >0 & LEAVE ON FLOOR <>0 then calculate Z-DEPTH"

I already asked Mick but he said he has tons of work and I do respect his hard work, so I just try to ask in this forum if I can reduce the questions to him.

Thank you for your help.

1 hour ago, Mick George said:

I did some more digging and unfortunately "Stock to leave on floor" and "breakthrough amount" are not currently exported to the XML. I had added a story to our backlog and will update you once it gets into a sprint. 

Thank you Mick, I hope next version they will do something about the STOCK TO LEAVE, and the BREAK THROUGH, TIP COMP.  Thank you.

I took a look at the NET-Hook API and those properties are available so in theory you could write a NET-Hook to extract these values tally up the values and merge it into new XML tag of the XML data source but it is a little more advanced and you would need to have a little knowledge on how to create a NET-Hook. I'll see if I can whip up an example over the next few days.

• 1 year later...
On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 5:53 AM, 5th Axis CGI said:

Best of luck and glad you are determined to figure it out. Shoot me and email and I will give you Mick's email or you can PM on the board and he should get back to you.

I got BIG help from Mick, thank you for your support.