Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Date Code Macro

Does anyone out there have an example for a macro that calculates the week number based on the date? Preferably custom macro B. Thanks in advance.

Not exactly macro B but the algorithm is here. You can build this with existing macro B functions.

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F00000008wvEIAQ

https://www.cncci.com/resources/tips/timedatemacro.htm

I personally have a disgust with Fanuc controls in regards engraving of text. It should be easier to do it as it is with their major competitors.

• Like 1

I personally have a disgust with Fanuc controls in regards engraving of text. It should be easier to do it as it is with with their major competitors.

I don't think it's terribly difficult... then again, I have a LOT of experience with FANUC.

:coffee:

To be honest it's a good reliable control i just wanted every one to say fuhnook in their head.

I'm still waiting on definable variables tho.

You mean, like using "SETVN" to name the variable in Fanuc?

You can use that command to assign a "Alpha Name" of up to 8 characters to variables #500 - #549.

If the 'Custom Macro Variable Name Expansion' is enabled, you can use up to 31 characters in the Variable Name.

• Like 2

There is an option to expand the MACRO variables beyond #999. I'll get the part number tomorrow. It's a BUNCH. 

Latest Makino's we received have variables #98000-#98500 . It will be a few weeks before I use all those.  :smoke:

IMO though, if you've used #500-#999 , than you haven't written you macros very efficiently. Never hurts to have more though.

Mike

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

%
O9006(4 DIGIT JULIAN DATE CALCULATOR)
(CALCULATE JULIAN DATE)
G53
#30=#3011
#1=#30MOD[10000]
#2=#1/100
#33=FIX[#2]
#32=#30MOD[100]
#102=[#33-1.0]*4.3
#101=#32/7
#100=FUP[#102+#101]
#105=FIX[#100/10]
#106=#100MOD[10]
#3=#30MOD[1000000]
#4=#3/10000
#107=FIX[#4]
#108=[#105*1000]+[#106*100]+#107
G53
M99
%

On 1/19/2017 at 2:31 AM, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Ok, You need Custom MACRO (J873), then Additional Custom Macro Common Variables (R687), 100 + 1000 = 1100 Total

This is ONLY for 30i series controls.

Let me guess, they charge you $5k to turn that on?