Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MTM brands

I have personally worked on the U4000 machines and have helped mature the Mastercam MT environment for that machine. For the Mazak I have programmed the E410HS machines all the way back to 07 using Mastercam Lathe/Mill using a In-House Post developed originally by Dave Thompson. Where either of the Mazak machines are with regards to MT for Mastercam I cannot say. Shoot me an email and we can talk it over.

He claimed that they have been bringing post writers from the major software producers to their tech center to develop posts that fully utilize the features of the machine. At least that is the pitch that I got.

I can verify that is a true statement with regards to CNC Software and Okuma. Chris is top notch and really helping to make a difference for CNC software with regards to MT product.

• Like 1

My $.02 on Mastercam MT. I was recently involved in a large project that required 50 parts numbers to be programmed and set up. Another programmer did the initial programming and I just tweaked the programs for small changes needed when proving them out. I worked with Quan and Chris from Mastercam to get the post dialed in to the point that it is virtually post and go. The minor edits to code were almost always from alarms where the Okuma was reading ahead and not liking the change of state of something. Other than that the code was very solid and made good parts. Before that project I was reluctant to recommend existing Mastercam customers to upgrade to MT. Now I would definitely recommend it over buying and learning new software. Additionally I can say that a lot of the functionality I was asking for were already slated for next years release. It is definitely an ongoing product from Mastercam and will continue to evolve. 

• Like 1