Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T dos programs in windows

George_Gerhard

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Hey George, would you by any chance be running Logicmaster??? I have this running on a Win2k Pro Station. RIght click on your shortcut and tell it to run in a window and then on the screen page make sure it says the same. I use Logicmaster here for our LPP System.

HTH

quote:

Monsters? heh..

If you never went through the game at least once in single player mode, you missed out smile.gif

Those bloodbath matchups came later after we all got board with the monsters smile.gif

I always enjoyed hooking up with one other friend and going through the monster levels on Duke, Quake, Doom, Unreal and Blood....

Blood was nuts....playing kickball with all those decapitated heads rolling around on the ground......LOL

Murlin

Doom rocks !

I played doom and doom2 on PC ,Mac and Linux .

Quake was a total fiasko .

Unreal and Unreal Tourmnament now .

Regarding dos Programs :

Not every Dos program will work in WinDoZe ,especially NT family (NT,2000,XP ).

Even if you choose to emulate ... whatever U want !

NT family OS`es sequrity precations not allows to program ,implementing specific Bios interupt requests calls ,to make them smile.gif that is a feature many dos programs use smile.gif

What I did :

Made one special partition on every comp that I need to run Dos programs and put dos or Freedos there .

If it is on first (active partition )of the second disk you can change boot disk through Bios .

If you have some boot manager like LilO (linux loader ) this is not a program at all .

Iskander teh guess how many OS can boot my main home computer ?

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

George,

I don't believe there is Compatability with 2k Pro. RIght click on the *.exe file and change the settings to run the in a window vs. full screen (which is what it's most likey at now). I believe you can also set the font you want to see as well.

HTH

quote:

I have win 2000 pro, under the properties for the exe fie in question, I do not have a tab for compatability, mine says security. Any ideas how I can get to compatability?

Thats only available in xp.

Win2k and DOS games/programs don't always get along very well. I've had trouble getting numerous DOS programs running on 2kpro, and they all run no problem on xp.

[ 01-26-2004, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: Zero ]

quote:

I have win 2000 pro, under the properties for the exe fie in question, I do not have a tab for compatability, mine says security. Any ideas how I can get to compatability?

quote:

I don't believe there is Compatability with 2k Pro.

quote:

Thats only available in xp.

The Compatibility tab in Windows XP is also available to Windows 2000 in a slightly different incarnation; it's just disabled by default for whatever reason. You just need to register the slayerui DLL (gotta love that name). From the Run dialog, enter this:

regsvr32 %systemroot%apppatchslayerui.dll

Then you can right-click on shortcuts and in the Properties dialog, you should see a "Compatibility" tab. Remember that you need administrative rights to do all of this.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Bullines,

Do I need to reboot to see the compatability tab? I just ran it and i still don't see a "Compatability" Tab. I have General, Security, Program, SUmmary, Memory, Screen, and Misc.

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

George, I had the same problem several years ago. I never did get it to work or even use it because LM90 was backward compatible with the PLC's I was working on that were programmed with it. I don't know that LM90 is backward compatible with all PLC's but your Fanuc dealer should be able to help you out there. I think you can get Logicmaster 90 for under or around $500.00 or maybe even less now that Fanuc has a windows editor that actually works from what I am told. I switched to Allen Bradley a long time ago so I don't have a lot of recent experience with the fanuc's, only edits of old programs but their windows editor might even go back that far.

Good luck!

Doom?

Time flies when you are having fun eh? I remember playing that game in all incarnations at work on the network...Henry Weinhards Ale and alot of drunks playing multiplayer games. ALOT of fun! Guess the next "big" thing I am looking forward too is DOOM III. That game looks awesome!

Bill

quote:

James create a short cut for the Exe and put it on the desktop then do the right click for that in the desktop and you will see it there. I just did it and it worked perfect if I did it in windows exploer it didnt work that way.

That's what I meant to say but Crazy Millman said it better.

quote:

Guess the next "big" thing I am looking forward too is DOOM III. That game looks awesome!

Agreed. It'll be a great showdown between Doom3 and Half-Life 2.