Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

$50,000 a year is poverty in San Diego County

crazy^millman

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think oil & gas make up 3% of the US GDP (did I get bogus info off the financial news????).

It isn't the oil that's driving house inflation, it's that God just isn't making any more land. wink.gif

That said, I'm 100% for hydrogen power and swear my next car will be hydrogen if it's available, or a hybrid if it isn't. A Apollo project for energy independence makes a hell of a lot more sense than 100Billion to go to mars and look at rocks (which robots can do just fine, thank you).

YEp, in Mich hear houses are resonablly cheap. But my propane bill is 450. a month all winter so it makes up the differance. I think that some of the space money could go to more usefull things. Mars is cool but not necessary. I know alot of people make their living off aerospace projects such as that but i would like to see more energy producing projects. That might lower costs and make are country not so under the thumb of oil producing country's.

jm2c

quote:

It isn't the oil that's driving house inflation, it's that God just isn't making any more land.

I'm not sure how true this is. I think that it is more about the fact that home builders figured out something before everyone else. If they build these extremely expensive house people still buy them. So then why build cheeper houses? They are no longer building houses for people starting out. Now they build expensive homes for the those who already have homes to up grade to. You got to wonder when you see a sign "Affordable houses starting in the low 400,000's" eek.gif

banghead.gif

Steve S.

cheers.gif

You could move to Bend, Or. everybody else is. Bought our first house in 1990, 500SQ ft for 24,000. lots of new stuff for 150k-200k. probably get a programming job for 20/hr.

Then there is the problem of spare time. lets seee... you could ski at Bachelor, 30 min from town. Bass fish at davis lake, 1 hr. Fly fishing about an hour or less in almost any direction. Go elk or deer huntin,5 minutes or 5 hours from town.

Lived here all my life, I've been down your way. I always make sure I have enough fuel to back.