Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Chamfer top and bottom of through hole

Laebs

I have a double sided chamfer tool.  I use the circle mill toolpath I select the top chamfer of the solid for the first toolpath then I went to the second side(bottom) of the hole and select that chamfer.  No matter what only one point registers.  I want to quickly buzz the top then rapid down and chamfer the backside so I do not have to flip the part.

I sincerely thank anyone for any help they will give.  It is probably something simple but these "simple" stumbling blocks  waste me sooo much time.

Thank you

I will answer publicly not privately. If using one operation with 2 features at different depths you must use incremental depth and you must then think about the chains placement in relation to the tool's contact point with your cut. If you want to adjust the cut of one them you will need to break up the operation and then adjust the depth of the second operation's depth to again accomplish the same idea. The tool's contact point is what does the cutting. On a double angle chamfer tool you need to adjust thinking the contact point is on the top, but the tool's Zero is from the bottom. You can either take the time and draw that out or you can just adjust the tool's depth until you get the cut our are looking for. Pay close attention to your lean in/out and use that to control your entry and exit into and out of the hole.

Again a sample file then we can give you a corrected file back so you can then see what I am talking about.

If the goal is to keep the tool down, once your depths are good you can set the retract to incremental zero and set clearance to start and end of operation only.

Obviously it can go bad if your not careful, but I have done this to cut to rails on a part with out raising the tool