Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DRILL EDIT JUMP

DavidB

Hi all,I have a job that i neede to raise the driiling retract on a cople of points only.When i right click on ncvi file and edit jump,it promps for point and then a height in abs.I pick the point i need extra height,add value,regen.The jump works on the point i selected and also the previous point i don't want jump on previous point but i cant work out why it is doing it???

Thx for replying.

cheers.gif

Hi David, it's the way MC works, it will jump the previous and the following point you selected. What you could also consider is to use options to make your drill path so you avoid the clampsor whatever. Sometimes it makes a little more travel but still shorter then retracting very high. Maybe you know but when you go to toolpath drill if you go right there in options and unselect all (by clicking on one if activated) the way you'll select your points is exactly the way MC will do them. Can be helpful in some cases.HTH!

Simon

Well I thought about this and I think you would want to use incremtnal retract and absolute clereance if your psot is written correct it will do a R vaule to the correct depth to do the drill operation but then do a retract ot the clereance plane between ech operation this always needs to use the either G98 or G99 to od this the most effecitve way possible.