Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MCAM Crash

CNCGUY

While doing a drill cycle,

I pick the drill,

Right click to pick depth,

Left click on Z,

Esc. (changed my mind on soemthing) and this is what I get.

LinkPhoto?GUID=282d4cd6-41d1-1236-287e-68dd243837d9&size=

No matter what I do(OK or cancel) it crashes. curse.gif

I can recreate it with any file. Has anyone else seen this?

9.1 SP2

I have been getting that a lot the last 2 month in Mill. It did it more when I would shade and unshade the part and use the middle button to rotate the part. I thought that it was a bad memory chip in the old computer. But I have had it with this new computer also.

Jody

Happens to me all the time. I have found that it is a mother board and a Memory problem. I had a new mother board and Memory put in this thing and it worked great for about 1 month and now it is doing it again. I got all kind of answers on how to check it look for the spefic problem you will see I asked about 2 months ago I think.

This is not directly connected to the topic,may be not connected at all ,but i`ll say.

I HATE THIS THING :

Windows 2000 and XP automatic updates .

I never use it and disable on every computer my hand are getting on .

You never know what can happen after next update,

I update only crucial things like security patches and this is my own decision.

You can not be sure that it is not autoupdate changed some dll or something

Deinstall your graphic card driver and install once more .

Iskander Teh Kernel panic

quote:

96 MB RAM

eek.gif

Slap some more ram in that box dude!! It might not be the cause of this problem... but I'm positive that its causing you problems all around. You have 55mb of that ram set aside for MC (which IMO is way below minimum for what MC should be running on) which leaves only 40mb for the rest of the system. Windows can use that just idling. You gotta be cuckoo.gif to not go get another 256mb of ram (at least) for the price it costs these days. Hell, if my boss wouldnt swing it, I'd freakin buy it myself and put it in. Running a system on that much RAM IMO is like doing this : banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

I'd go ask the big man for some more RAM and when he says "no" I'd give him one of these : bonk.gif

and go get a stick or 2 myself...

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

ROFL!!!!

Those graemelins are hilarious and just what the doctor ordered. Entirely in order for this situation. I just got quoted 1GB of RAM for a couple hundred bucks. Pocket change for the performance gains. Dollar for dollar RAM and Video Memory are the best investment.

JM2C

Oh, and CNCGUY, get in a few bonk.gif for me too if he won't spring for the memory.

biggrin.gif