Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Version specific question

MILLRUNNER

I am new to the board and I am in school to be a machinist. I come in contact daily with the Mastercam software. Although I don't own a version of my own I use it all the time on educational computers. I currently have been using version 9.1 and found it to have a feature called a converter by the name of rastrvec or eps. this function is under the file/converters/next menu/rastrvec - eps) in the version 9.1. I used version 9.0 the other day and found it not to have this feature. The question I'm asking is this: Is that a difference between the two versions or does the version 9.0 I used just happen not to have it? If information is available on where this feature can be obtained I would greatly appreciate your help. thanks

I have tried several times and looked a bit but I can't seem to find it or something like it. Is there a similar function that may work the same way or do I have to have ras2vec? I am interested in the kind of work where you take a picture or a design and create the geometry for it and run it. Any hints, or does nayone know of a place where I can find ras2vec? Thank you for your replys.

Welcome, Millrunner.

There's a guy developing a program called Meshcam. It takes .stl, .dxf and .bmp files and generates g-code from it. It has nothing to do with Mastercam, it's it's own program. (is that literally correct? Or would it be "it is it's.." ? wink.gif

It's still in the beta stage, but it works nicely. You can check it out over at CNCzone

You might also try WinTopo Freeware. It's great for engraving, but doesn't do 3d stuff like Meshcam does.

HTH

'Rekd teh Inebriated