Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T - Mazak Fusion 640 Network Save

McRae

I wonder if anyone with an Integrex or other has solved the problem when the machine lives on a network, how do you keep the machine from over-writing all the files in a save to directory?

I have the same problem on the Floppy as I do on the Hard Drive.

Help is appreciated, I feel though that it will not be successful.

I don't use the Data In Out utility any more at all. I access the C drive on the Integrex via the network from the desk PC. The working programs show up in Integrex C:T_Machine Programs. The Backup directory, as in Program/Program File/Program Transfer/Backup... Ends up in Integrex C:T_BackupPrograms.

I just drop .EIA programs straight into T_Machine Programs to load new ones, and use Program Transfer to put them into Backup on Integrex C:T_BackupPrograms as T_Machine Programs fills up.

To provide safe storage on the network, I just drag-drop the contense of T_Machine Programs and T_BackupPrograms onto the network at reasonable intervals. HTH

• 1 month later...

You mention that you drop programs directly into the directory of the control. What I am thinking of is expanding the allocation size of the directory so that the little number at the side of the program file screen (75% full) will be referencing a larger disk space amount.

Any Ideas?

Andrew,

The amount of program space in the Mazatrol file directory is fixed and cannot be adjusted - at least in our Fusion 640M.

The micro hard drive at the control and within the operator panel is also accessable but limited to two gig. Harry's work around simply omits the typical steps - likely because he isn't using the Mazatrol end of things and prefers to simply access the hard drive file structure and remains in it one program at a time. - not sure, but my best guess.

There is also and option available for running straight off the flash card, but cards greater than 512meg are still rather outrageous in the cost department.

Try opening the front panel at the control and have a look at the micro hard drive. I am curious to know if it has the standard hard drive interface and if it would be possible to copy the entire drive onto one with a huge capacity. Has anybody else tried this?

Regards, Jack

I had to replace the keyboard on the machine a couple years ago and had to remove the drive then. It's just a laptop hard drive, encased in a shock absorbing holder. The IT guy copied the drive. One of these days, I want to copy it again, just to get a current image, Ghost to a new drive, and actually fire it up with the new drive. I don't want to find out what kind of hassle it would be to start over from a new Mitsubishi drive. FYI last time I checked, they cost $750 for the preloaded hard drive.

I keep lots of programs in the C:T_Machine Programs file. A mixture of Mazatrol and .EIA.

I've never tried to run a program from the "unlimited" part of the hard drive.

If the hard drive size is limited to 2 gigs, that could be trouble. Where could you find a new one that small anymore. I think I'll crank up the priority on Ghosting a new drive and trying it.

I have contacted Mazak and the indication is that the size of the "Memory" (area on the Hard Drive where the current programs are stored) can not be changed.

I have run from the "Tape" or extended memory mode off the hard drive with a file that was hefty and large. Not too bad but then the operator can not access the program in the machine itself.

Thanks to all for the replies.