Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hello All

Barghest

quote:

I to started by using Smart Cam

Me too

quote:

Master Cam will be easy to learn. In time you forget all about Smart Cam.

Almost true, Some have rocks in the head

quote:

All cad software is about the same to use. I'm currently learnig Pro-E.

NOT - Cad for modeling has many differances IMO

I prefer Solidworks. 2004 is great and I taught myself alot of it, Pro-e is very powerful, but cumbersome to damn many clicks and a hell of a learning curve to be profiecient.Again IMO.

No offense ment to anyone thinking otherwise.

Welcome to the forum firebounce.gif

The spinners are pretty cool.

But one day I saw an SUV with the HUGE dubs come to a stop. I was thinking how pretty the spinny things were, and then I imagined a three-year-old running up and sticking his arm in there. eek.gif

Not hacking you at all for making them. I just think the insurance companies will kill them off some day. rtfaq.gif The policy says NO spinners. bonk.gif

What I meant was that all cad software can pretty much do the same things. Yes some software takes longer than others. They all have their differences and their good and bad features. I used Ideas making solid model and like that software. I was also think that if anyone was useing cad sofware currently than they don't have rocks in their head.

Keith,

The rock comment was stated as pertaining to

forgeting Smartcam thats why its under the quote, meaning If they start using Mastercam and dont leave smartcam in the past they got rocks in thier head.Smartcam was good back in the day with V11.2 but theyve clearly lost it. rolleyes.gif