Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine Sim vs true NC verification

Metallic

I am trying to decide if i should go with a program like Vericut or NCSimul,  if true NC verification is even necessary, or if the Mastercam machine simulation will be sufficient for my needs. I have a 5 axis table-table configuration.

With regards to the NCI verfication/Mastercam, the main options are:

to outsource kinematics development for my particular machine to my post processor developer for some $$$

or

to try and setup the kinematics, XML and all that on my own using tutorials. I have a full solid assembly from my machine tool builder for this exact purpose ready to go. This is potentially extremely challenging and i could also make a fatal mistake.

Keep in mind that I am in an educational environment where production speed and throughput is not necessarily the largest factor to consider. I am more than willing to proof out parts cutting air if needed. But I would like something on my computer that will give me a good, clear idea of what the machine is about to do before i waste any time doing setups, etc.

Any thoughts on the matter? thanks

C

1 hour ago, Codeworx said:

machsim not tied to the post is verify with machine models, has its uses but is limited

Yeah an unlinked build it yourself post is only really good for checking each individual path for collisions, but doesn't do you any good for collision checking between moves.  Now a linked up post is pretty good for just about anything it was setup to do....

I just spoke with the guys at Vericut, they convinced me that its a good idea to protect our expensive CNC investment. I appreciate the input.

In regards to training, how much effort and time is it to get coherent understanding of the software? I am assuming it is just as vast and complex as Mastercam can be.

2 minutes ago, Metallic said:

I just spoke with the guys at Vericut, they convinced me that its a good idea to protect our expensive CNC investment. I appreciate the input.

In regards to training, how much effort and time is it to get coherent understanding of the software? I am assuming it is just as vast and complex as Mastercam can be.

Might give the guys at call at Spring makers of NCSIMUL.