Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Multiple Programs on Mori Seiki NH5000

Arturo Quiroz

Hello,

I have a Mori Seiki NH5000 and I want to know what would be the procedure to run one program per pallet. Right know I need to run the same model in both pallets, but I need two adjust the G54's of each program due the difference on the fixturing.

I read the manual that first enter to the settings and add a "Work number" to each pallet. And then I have two different options; using the M60/M61 on the end of the program, or, using the M02/M30. 

I would really appreciate your help, if you need any extra information please let me know.

There are many ways to skin this cat.  I'm not 100% clear on what you are struggling with, likely a few different things, but anyway, this is how I did it with older generation Mori's

It used to be on the SH series Mori's, that you could set the work number for each pallet on the custom page.  No M60's were needed.  Just M30 at the end of each program.  The work number was the program number.  If the machine is sitting in auto mode, is sitting at home, and has read an M30 without reset being hit, the pallet/work ready button should initiate a pallet change, call up the program from the custom page, and start it.  Depending on keep relays, it will execute the program up to the first tool change (or it will execute it depending on keep relays) or up to the first machine axis movement.  (First tool change during pallet change is a big cycle time reduction on many short cycle time jobs) 

Another time saver on tool changes is commanding the tool change from the shortest safe retract position (do not go to XY home, only retract Z as far as needed for the longer of the two tools you are dealing with at this tool change), the door will open while the spindle approaches, change tools, and as long as the keep relays are set right, it will approach in x and y while the door is closing.  If it won't approach while the shutter door is closing, move your coolant commands to the next line. 

Anyway, if you want to run the same program with different offsets, this can be done a few different ways.  The best way IMHO is to use the same "work" number for both pallets, and at the beginning of the program, read the pallet number that is in the machine.  This used to be held in macro variable #140 I think, if it isn't being set, you used to have to turn it on with a keep relay, information for which was in the Mori PMC/Ladder manual.  Anyway, you will read that variable to branch to the proper G10 lines which will set the G54 for for that pallet.  Your local dealer's applications group should be able to help you implement this with ease over the phone or email.  Other's on here can probably help with the specific details I have generally described as well.

HTH

Husker

4 hours ago, Arturo Quiroz said:

Hello,

I have a Mori Seiki NH5000 and I want to know what would be the procedure to run one program per pallet. Right know I need to run the same model in both pallets, but I need two adjust the G54's of each program due the difference on the fixturing.

I read the manual that first enter to the settings and add a "Work number" to each pallet. And then I have two different options; using the M60/M61 on the end of the program, or, using the M02/M30. 

I would really appreciate your help, if you need any extra information please let me know.

The manual explained the correct way to set it up. If you want to run separate fixture offsets on the each pallet you can do it with a couple of macro lines using G10.

Something simple like:

IF[#147EQ2]GOTO9999 (skip to line 9999 if pallet B is in the machine)
G90G10L20P1X0.Y6.0Z6.B0(L20 P1 SETS G54.1 P1)

IF[#147EQ1]GOTO1000 (skip to line 1000 if pallet A is in the machine)
N9999
G90G10L20P1X0.Y3.0Z6.B0(L20 P1 SETS G54.1 P1)

N1000

You can get fancier than that but I was spit balling.

Fixed that to use a single offset so its not confusing.  :D 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, mkd said:

call the same program as a subprogram

I've done this before, though when you need to rerun stuff it is a little more cumbersome, so usually we used to avoid that.  Now that everything runs via M198 off the data server... I don't worry about that as much before, but then again I ain't cuttin metal or really need to hold a tolerance anymore.

• 4 years later...