Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

COMPLETELY DUMBFOUNDED: Simple Bevel in 2D Contour

Kampfzentrum

So I got this simple part, just need to machine a bevel on it. I go into Contour, select the geometry path (seen in image); in Depth Cuts choose a .030" stepdown, check Tapered Walls (w/ angle of 63.4), Step Down, etc. Linking Parameters set, etc.

Upon regen it tells me Cutter Compensation Not Successful. After so much I give up. I WILL generate a tool path if the angle is less than 15 degrees, but anything over that it will not do anything.

What am I missing?

Contour.png

2 minutes ago, CEMENTHEAD said:

Move the drive geom to "top of stock"  its stepping down at the angle from where the geometry exists. (at that angle it would be non-existent before it even reached the part)

Where is that parameter? I don't see where that would be changed, it's just a 2D Contour.

9 minutes ago, Kampfzentrum said:

Where is that parameter? I don't see where that would be changed, it's just a 2D Contour.

There is no parameter you pick the geometry and change you approach is what is being state from me reading it. What kind of a tool are you using here that would help a lot.

• Like 1

Well isn't that just a dandy...

Thanks Colin (and everyone who responded), I moved the geometry for the toolpath down to the part and VIOLA! It generated. I really didn't think that 2D toolpaths even looked at the part, but somehow it is related. I need to get an orthodox education in this stuff.

I just want to say I really appreciate the help I've gotten on here. It's saved my butt a few times - like now.

• Like 2