Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Multiaxis link not allowing transform ops to be selected

huskermcdoogle

Multiaxis link tells me to pound sand when I try to select a transform op and its original toolpath.  This is the second time I have run into this.  It says both ops must have the same WCS, which they do..., though you can't select a WCS per say in the transform op.  Anyway, quite annoying.  Guess I will have it generate an op and do it that way.

2 hours ago, huskermcdoogle said:

Multiaxis link tells me to pound sand when I try to select a transform op and its original toolpath.  This is the second time I have run into this.  It says both ops must have the same WCS, which they do..., though you can't select a WCS per say in the transform op.  Anyway, quite annoying.  Guess I will have it generate an op and do it that way.

Curve 5 Axis. :whistle::whistle:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2018 at 10:30 AM, Aaron Eberhard - CNC Software said:

What version of Mastercam? 

Aaron,

Sorry I hadn't noticed that you had responded.  I am running 2018.  I was just playing with it some more and exported the ops, now if I transform the original op, and go to select them with ML it throws me an error stating that the operations must me in the same machine group which they are???  Played with it some more now it is complaining about needed the ops to have the same work offset.

I give up.  Ended up generating an new operation instead of using transform directly.  Quick and dirty job, no need to get fancy, just frustrating that I can never seem to get it to work.

Anyway, scrubbed file with issue attached.

T.mcam

In OP1 go to Parameters, Planes (WCS) reselect top on Working coordinate system, copy same plane to Tool plane and Comp? cons. plane, select work offset to automatic ,you'll get a window warning and  select update plane and all the operations that use this plane. 

Go to planes and renumber your work offset there.(see picture

T.mcam

Planes.PNG

parameters.PNG

par1.PNG

Edited by tornero32
forgot picture

Just saw that you posted a file.. I see what the problem is, and we'll have to get the team that covers transform to change it a bit.  

The issue lies in the fact that you changed the offset number for the 1st toolpath, but not for the TOP plane itself which means that the transform op doesn't actually have a work offset of 0 (like OP #1), it has a work offset of -1 still.  Because a transform op is just a "shell" for the transformed code, it never gets updated even if you go back after the fact and change TOP to 0, the transform op "shell" still is at -1 and there's no way to change that at the moment.  It doesn't practically matter for code generation, but because Link looks at the OP's work offset to determine if you can link, it rejects it.

Neat edge case :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Aaron Eberhard - CNC Software said:

Just saw that you posted a file.. I see what the problem is, and we'll have to get the team that covers transform to change it a bit.  

The issue lies in the fact that you changed the offset number for the 1st toolpath, but not for the TOP plane itself which means that the transform op doesn't actually have a work offset of 0 (like OP #1), it has a work offset of -1 still.  Because a transform op is just a "shell" for the transformed code, it never gets updated even if you go back after the fact and change TOP to 0, the transform op "shell" still is at -1 and there's no way to change that at the moment.  It doesn't practically matter for code generation, but because Link looks at the OP's work offset to determine if you can link, it rejects it.

Neat edge case :)

Love when science prevails and explains the world around us.