Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

EIA to Dynapath Delta 10 via rs232

cadman268

Hi Guys

I have a dynapath post tweaked perfectly for mastercam but I remember reading that the control would accept EIA g code. Well I tried to get a generic fanuc post to go, but all I kept getting was a format error fault. Has anyone got it to go, I would like to know how they did it.

Thanks

Cadman268

Cadman268,

I have a Delta 20 control on a machine.

(20 is just a updated 10 - same thing)

It has been a few years back, but I did use the MPFANUC.PST (modified) with some sucess. If I can find it I will see what's what, in the morning, and let you know.

It was something with the line numbers or the start of the file character? or confused.gif

Later,

Mark Anderson

That would be great, I know even the name (test) or whatever I call it, looks like its japanese before I get the format error, so it must be early in the file when it errors out, like within the first couple of lines.

Seems like the whole program loads, then the format error comes up when its done and the name in the catalog is P00000000 with zero bytes.

Thanks for your help

Are you downloading this file from a computer over the RS232 port on the machine? It sounds like you have a communication parameter problem. The fact that even the file name "TEST" shows up as garbage characters suggests that the communications between computer and the control is corrupt. EIA is an odd parity format whereas ASCII / ISO is an even parity format. Even if you set parity to none, the code is different. I would look at the communication parameters (probably need 8-data, odd parity, and then make sure the stop bits and baud rate match). You might need to check out the communications section in your manual to see if there is any information specific to sending/receiving EIA G-code files. HTH.

Cadman268,

HeavyMetal, is correct, you can use a "(E)" after the program number to enter a EIA block as a conversational event. You may even mix EIA and conversational events in the same program, just not in the same block of code.

From my Manual:

quote:

"Event type" is not recognized as part of srandard EIA format, and you do not need to complete any entery here. However, you may program an EIA block as a conversational event by entering "event type" (E) directly after the N sequence number. If you choose to enter "event type" (E), you must follow the programming rules for a conversatonal event as listed.

I am going to fax you some sheets, rather than typing all this in. eek.gif

LOOK FOR A FAX IN THE NEXT LITTLE WHILE.

Later,

Mark Anderson

Thanks M Andersdon,

I got the fax and am going to try after this program is done.

Heavy Metal, looks as though my main problem was that I had multiple G codes on one line. There can only be one of each type of code on each line and no spaces.

Does anyone have a post to do this. I have one I modified for a system C and it is setup that way, but I also had to omit decimal points and a few other wierd things to get it to work, to try and change it might be a challenge---LOL

Thanks Guys

Cad

It used to be a version of mpmaster till I got hold of it----LOL----I had to eliminate all G00's and output a G01 F200 for all rapid moves, and chage H calls to D calls and output the D tool length call on each line except for cuttercomp lines, then I had to output the D call for diameter. I also had to call the feedrate on eveyline as well, cause when I change to the f200 for rapid, it would stay that way....LOL

and more

I will send you a copy to look at when I get a chance.

Thanks

Stop The Press

Got It

My main problem is that the comment text MUST be all in capital letters, I had them in lower case and it would not go....

Other than that it will load a fanuc post as long as it has the letter E at the very end, nothing at the start.

It will even take muttiple codes per line on this one. It adds the (E) all by itself

Thanks for everyon's help

Cad