Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Help with Acramatic 850 Drilling Cycles

Phil Orenstein

Regarding the drilling cycle G83, main problem I'm experiencing is having to add the R value (Ref height) to the Z depth to make Z axis go down to the programmed value. Say if I had a Z depth of -1.000 and a ref height of .1, then I would have to put -1.100 for the Z depth for the machine to go to the correct depth. Also it would retract to +.2 for the retract between holes. Is there anything I can do to fix this? headscratch.gif

Thanks in advance,

Phil teh very strange Acramatic drilling cycle man

Thanks Jimmy, can I put the post up on Monday? I'm home now, and the post we use is at work and I think it is different than the std MPCIN850.pst. Meantime, do you mean that I should create my geometry for the holes at the Z depth (say -1.000)and then select incremental for "depth". Sorry if I sound a bit slow, but I've been out of the loop for a little while.

Thanks again,

Phil

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Here's a copy of my drilling logic for that style of canned cycle. You may have to modify a few things in the drill call.

HTH

code:

drlcommonb     #Canned Drill Cycle common call, before

if sav_dgcode = 81,

[

result = newfs (two, zinc)

if tap_feed = one & drillcyc = three, result = newfs (two, feed) #Tap feeds with 4/3 decimal places

if drillcyc = three, drlgsel = fsg1(-ss) + drillcyc * two

else, drlgsel = fsg2(dwell) + drillcyc * two

if initht <> refht, drillref = zero

else, drillref = one

prv_refht_a = c9k

prv_refht_i = c9k

prv_dwell = zero

#"[$CYCLE_PARAMS(2)HOLE_DEPTH]=2", e #No tip comp

]

if cuttype = three, sav_dgcode = gcode

else, z = tosz - depth

if cuttype = one, prv_zia = initht + (rotdia/two)

#else, prv_zia = refht #Fanuc style - G91 Z depth from R level

else, prv_zia = initht #G91 Z depth from initial height

feed = fr_pos

pcom_moveb

# zabs = depth - tosz

zabs = depth - refht

zinc = depth - refht

comment

pcan

#5 axis must map the true Z, correct Z calculation here

if cuttype = three,

[

prv_zia = zabs + (-depth) + initht

zia = fmtrnd(zabs)

zinc = zia - prv_zia

]

prdrlout #R drill position

# if cuttype = one, refht_a = refht + (rotdia / two)) #

refht_a = refht # else,

refht_i = refht + initht

if absinc = zero, refht_a, !refht_i

else, refht_i, !refht_a

pidrlout #W drill position

initht_i = initht

*initht_i

Thanks, James, but I don't know if this applies to the Acramatic style or not but here's what the code looks like:

G83X1.Y0.Z-1.R.1K.1J1S2000M03

where R is the R plane, J1 means chip clearance cycle, K is peck value. According to the manual (written in Aramaic, with subtitles), 1st peck is K x 3, 2nd peck is K x 2 and successive pecks are the K value.

The chip breaker cycle looks like this:

G83X1.Y0.Z-1.R.1K.1F10S2000M03

No J1 means chip breaker.

This is the code from the standard MPCIN850.pst. I don't know if this is same actual code as my Acramatic post at work outputs which I think was modified but similar.

How 'bout John, Pete, gcode and the other Cincinatti guys, what do you do for your drilling cycles? confused.gif Trying to figure this out and the manual as you guys know, is a real pain. confused.gif

Phil

Thanks smile.gif for the post. I'll try it out on Monday and see if it clears up some of these drill cycle issues. However I really doubt it will since this is an Acramatic 2100 post and may not work for the 850SX. Already I noticed (with my meager ability to understand post scripting) that the G99 and G98 refer to the return heights for drilling cycle while in the 850SX, G99 only cancels the position set values.

Thanks just the same!

Phil

Gotta love those guys who made those Exec tapes for the early Cincinnati controls....NOT!!!

I don't know why they put that stupid R plane in there like they did mad.gif Big Blue is the same way, and it doesnt have a peck in the Exec either. Had to break chips with the feed pot.

As long as you just add the extra offset lenght to your drill depth you are fine on drilling in flat plates. But if you have to rapid up and over lots of islands....forget it. That R plane really messes things up.

I never had to do lots of drilling with mine....luckily biggrin.gif So I just ended up drilling lots of air on some things...

Murlin

I have same problem. My work around is to remember to add the r value to the z depth. mad.gif

I wonder if somewhere in the following code has to do with it. headscratch.gif

this cinn control has been a real pain . Got thte post working pretty good except for that r plane problem. No peck cycle so I use the long hand cycle method for both spoting and pecking drilling. Got to use the canned cycle for tapping .MY dealer sent me a legacy post that gets the P's and Q's to post out properly for cutter comp. anywho if someone comes up with a fix for that R plane it would be great if you let me know the secret.

have a good day

Heavy cheers.gif

code:

pdrillclc  # Determine depth and reference

if absinc = one, depthout = depth - refht

else, depthout = depth - zdrl

if absinc = one, refout = refht - zr

else, refout = refht

if rotaxis<>0 & absinc=0, depthout = depthout + ((rotdia / 2) * (add_rad))

if rotaxis<>0 & absinc=0, refout = refout + ((rotdia / 2) * (add_rad))

!depth, !refht

Phil,

The Cincinnati machines are set-up with things that they thought would make the machines more user friendly.

Which really baffled me when I first started programming them. Coming from a background of Fanuc's it did not make sense.

There is a default page in which you can change the value of the R plane, it is called "Cycle parameters" you have to look at the programming book to determine which one is the one you want, then you can adjust the "R" to zero if you want to. This would reset my 850SX to have a R value of zero. G10=[CYP,39,V]V0.0

The default setting is .100

Cincinnati recommends that if you change them, to add this at the end of the program to reset all back to the machine default G80 J1

Best Regards,

John

Thanks guys, though I couldn't get to my computer till now. Sorry, but I don't follow. I now have to add the R value to the neg Z value. Why would i need an R value of 0? And where would I find the "cycle parameters"? I coudlnt find cycle parameters page in the post if that's what you mean. I would appreciate if you would be a little more explicit. smile.gif

Also FYI the Acramatic 2100 post that James sent doesnt work with this control. Thanks just the same.

Phil

John,

I forgot to mention I am working in V8.1 with the MPCIN850.pst. I too have a fanuc background and for the life of me I can't understand the Acramatic manual either, especially with regards to their drilling cycles and parameters. If you would kindly explain where I can find this default page where I can change the value of the R plane, is it in the programming manual or the post (or both) that you are refering to. Thanks for your help.

Phil

Murlin,

It sounds like that may be all I'm going to get on this thread. The Acramatic isn't as hot a topic as The Passion of the Christ. Anyway I'm learning that I had better take the plunge (no pun intended) and soon take a post class so I can understand the damn things. Until then, guess I'm stuck adding the R value to the Z and to live with no Clearance plane since I can't figure out this W value. Thanks to all, nevertheless! biggrin.gif

Phil teh boring Acramatic control guy

biggrin.gif