Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Drill selection Enteties gone in 2019

Just opened up 2018 makes a circle select  drill. when you select Entities you cant select quadrants or midpoints of the circle. but if you click on the Arrow at the top you can.

In 2019 its Default seems to be on the Arrow with no option to change to select entities. so again draw a circle do a drill tool path and you can accidentally select the quadrants or a midpoint of your circle.

just more room for error in my opinion.

I've been using MC since version 6 (not X6), and have never used "entities".  Thanks for bringing this to my attention!  Much faster/safer using your method Dan!  It just shows that the MC forum can help in mysterious ways.  I learned something today! :stuart:

45 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Just opened up 2018 makes a circle select  drill. when you select Entities you cant select quadrants or midpoints of the circle. but if you click on the Arrow at the top you can.

In 2019 its Default seems to be on the Arrow with no option to change to select entities. so again draw a circle do a drill tool path and you can accidentally select the quadrants or a midpoint of your circle.

The answer for this was to only allow arc center in the auto cursor settings and you would never accidentally pick anything else. It was my understanding that was going to be the default process when this toolpath was used, but guess that decision was axed.

image.png.ca07710911082ab55e38f5ee7c6c7343.png

• Sad 1

by switching that auto cursor setting that will change globally?

so when doing drawings and whatnot you would have to go back in and turn it all on? 

If so I believe that should be addressed in an update soon.

Like you said if it would preset the auto cursor only when doing hole selection that would be great.

Glad to help Roger.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

slide your mouse point to the arc from the outside

when the arc highlights, left click your mouse and a temporary point pops up in the center of the arc

It works well once you get used to it.

The new sorting tools work very well to, but there is a bit of a learning curve.

• Huh? 1

This was something I added to my RMB in early Beta versions that didn't have the entities option..could still be used, I found I don't need to though

h9bFoeJ.png

Edited by Guest