Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HTML Setup Sheet for Lathe

MachineSMMC

Yep. Glad you asked. Here's a sample:

http://www.emastercam.com/tools/html/html_lathe_only.html

It's a actually a new combined Mill/Turn HTML template:

http://www.emastercam.com/tools/html/html_mill_turn.html

No pricing yet. Open to feedback on that.

Features:

-launch to default internet browser, control returned to MC without shutting down browser

-long file names now supported

-auto screen cap/dump

-lathe tool images automatically generated

-support for multiple NCI destinations in a single sheet for the curret full op list

-more compact layout, smaller fonts

-null tool changes output without repeating tool image

-sorted tool list

-page breaks supported for printing

Let me know how you think the sample looks.

[ 04-26-2004, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: Dave Thomson ]

It can only be customized through a chargeable customization service.

Work went into both versions. The free one is a loss leader for the customization service. And because I'm a good guy.

Invested a lot of time on the new one. A few C-Hooks are part of the suite to support the functionality we needed (thanks Bullines). I think it worth charging for.

quote:

Did I hear you correct when you said it handles multiple nci destinations in one file?

Yep. What we've been referring to as a single 'composite NCI file' created from all ops, regardless of NCI destination.

Regarding pricing, I guess you need to understand that the HTML Setup Sheet is not a CNC Software products. It's a 3rd party product like a translator, C-Hook, post, etc. Fair pricing makes the product obtainable while supporting innovation and product development.

[ 03-01-2004, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: Dave Thomson ]

quote:

Fair pricing makes the product obtainable while supporting innovation and product development

/Bullines looks terrified as he pays bills and student loan while wondering if someone will ever suggest a fair price that isn't $0 frown.gif

wink.gif

[ 03-01-2004, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: Dave Thomson ]

Cost suggestion - as indicated earlier, the customization post part is chargable and by the same token, this customization will be user preference/Machine dependant so what I would suggest is to up the cost of Post Mods slightly and include this as extra value in that process. Differentiates you from the competition and adds sales like justification to the high priced help. My suggestion...

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I've been doin' some guinea pig work for Dave and it is well worth the money. It makes me want to scrap my MS Word setup sheet that I've put a lot of time and effort into.

JM2C

Hey Bullines, you may want to write up a quickie installer as well...

HTH

Thanks for the demo, Dave.

I hope you sell them by the bushel.

If any of you Integrex guys are interested, I'd like to correspond a bit so that if possible we can submit improvement requests that will be complimentary rather than conflicting so Dave can offer a better off the shelf product with broad appeal for Integrexers. And hopefully save a customization buck as well.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I especially dig the Multiple NCI destination support. That was the key for me. I mean man, it's CLEAN.

Dave I've got an idea that would add serious trickness. Stay tuned...

• 1 month later...

Proper install for a 30 use trial of this product now available here:

http://www.emastercam.com/tools/html/html.exe

Works for Mill, Lathe, Router.

$250 US for a site license. Will be available through your reseller and on-line once we update the HTML product page.

New samples:

http://www.emastercam.com/tools/html/html_lathe_only.html

http://www.emastercam.com/tools/html/html_mill_turn.html

[ 04-26-2004, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: Dave Thomson ]